Bug Playing video in background
Playing a video in background and going to "TV" (or press "j" in video playback) brings the video in a window. All other parts of Kodi keep playing the video in the background.

Confirmed across multiple skins, including stock Confluence while using Kodi 15.2
can someone confirm this?
I tried to reproduce, but could not.
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
2 screenshots: Wrong] and correc.
The difference is that wrong shows the video played in background in a window. Correct plays it full screen in background.

Other way is to start a video and then escape out of it so video is in background. Than navigate to TV and see the bug. Also happens in Zeitgeist ;-)
Ahh. Now i know. Thats how KODI always has been. The TV-Area is the one place where there is a smaller video video on the right side, which intentionally starts the TV-channel-video if you don't have it to directly start in Fullscreen.

This results in this (intended) behaviour and anomaly.

I agree it kind of feels kinda strange.

If i would change it, there are some logic questions which are not quite clear.

Will still take a look. Wink
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
It would be easy to have 2 videos playing. One in background, one in the right window. Feels a bit less strange, but still isn't perfect. (thinking of performance... not a problem for my HTPC, but you know... the small boxes. Smile )
When escaping out of foreground videoplayback, Kodi plays video in background mode. This should also happen in the TV section for uniformity. The idea is to continue using your library views when video plays in background.
I agree.

But what happens to the functionality being able to start a TV-Channel in this special TV-window on the right side in secion "TV"?

Maybe one could think about removing this window completely and using the space for the channel-program-info plot?

I don't really use the minimized-window-feature since i don't like it that much.
"The idea is to continue using your library views when video plays in background. "

Isnt that another topic? You mean, you would like the two WallViews not to have black background? If yes: I tried the wall views with different darkended semi-transparent backgrounds. It always looked bad both performance and attention-wise (focusing on the many wall items). I agree, that, for uniformity, it would be nice to see background-video while WallViewing, but i tried many ways and having true black background in this two special WallViews was always the way who felt the "least wrong". Smile

Will take another look, but thats how it is i last tried. Wink
(2015-11-13, 18:36)axbmcuser Wrote: I agree.

But what happens to the functionality being able to start a TV-Channel in this special TV-window on the right side in secion "TV"?

Maybe one could think about removing this window completely and using the space for the channel-program-info plot?

I don't really use the minimized-window-feature since i don't like it that much.

Using that window for starting channels in dialogs is different than the rest of Kodi. So that window should be changed instead of breaking uniformity.
I agree. Maybe i try something...
Got an idea regarding this strange TV-minimized window.

Will inform you when updated. Wink
Robotica, please take a look at the reworked TV/Radion-Channel-Section.

I think it's much better and consistent now.

I could even preserve the by default enabled feature "Start TV minimized" which now makes the TV-video start in the absolute background - not in this strange minimized window (which now is gone). Of course you can disable "Start TV minimzed" as in the past.
Additionaly:

New version 2.7.66 now has semi-transparent background for WallViews. Can be disabled via Skin Settings.
Nice stuff.. Thnx!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing video in background1