Help a Noob figure out Raspberry Pi 2 and mysql problem
Hello,

My first foray using anything other than Windows is not going well for me. I have Openelec on my Raspberry Pi 2. I have a Windows 7 machine that hold my media and acts as my server with a static IP address. I have gone through the "first time" configuration menus and added my advancedsettings.xml file to the userdata folder. That is all I have done. Rebooted the system and I can't get a connection to the mysql database. (Note, it does work with other Windows 7 systems) I see on the logfile that it is not connecting. Is there a comprehensive guide or can someone guide me and tell me what else I need to do or configure to get the Raspberry Pi 2 Openelec gizmo working.
I do not have my serverset up as part of a workgroup as sharing works fine without it on other Windows machines.

Log file ---> http://pastebin.com/fXMc0gdJ

Thanks,
Mark
I would use the openelec setting to wait for network before starting kodi.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-11-15, 03:52)mentat Wrote: Don't forget to open your firewall (port 3306)

No, do not do this. This is horrible advice and wholly unnecessary when operating within your own LAN.
(2015-11-15, 15:49)ActionA Wrote:
(2015-11-15, 03:52)mentat Wrote: Don't forget to open your firewall (port 3306)

No, do not do this. This is horrible advice and wholly unnecessary when operating within your own LAN.

Just to clarify... I was not suggesting opening up any ports on your router (internet) firewall, but only the Windows 7/8/8.1 Built-in Firewall as described in section 5.1.1 of the Kodi Wiki guide here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows

When referring to remote Kodi system, I was referring the the RPi2 (remote from the Windows server running MySQL) but still on the same LAN.

I apologize for any confusion my post may have caused (I was only trying to help).

Thanks.
(2015-11-15, 16:35)mentat Wrote: Just to clarify... I was not suggesting opening up any ports on your router (internet) firewall, but only the Windows 7/8/8.1 Built-in Firewall as described in section 5.1.1 of the Kodi Wiki guide here: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_M...ab=Windows

When referring to remote Kodi system, I was referring the the RPi2 (remote from the Windows server running MySQL) but still on the same LAN.

I apologize for any confusion my post may have caused (I was only trying to help).

Thanks.

This is much clearer and makes better sense. I was also not familiar with procedures for MySQL when run on Windows. Thank you
So...When I go to add SMB shares, I have to go through "Workgroup" which I assume is a homegroup to Windows. When trying to connect my Windows server to the "Workgroup", it asks for a password, that I do not know. Does anyone know what the password is for the Openelec Workgroup?
For those who may have issues like this, here is what my problem was. I downloaded Openelec for my Raspberry Pi 2 about a month ago. It was version 5.0.3. I told it to look for an update and it updated to 5.0.8. Unfortunately, that gave me version 14.2 of Kodi and I had 15.2 on my Server. Two different version don't work. I believe mentat told me of version 6. Downloaded and installed 6, and all worked.
Seems to be a problem with Openelec when it looks for a newer revision on it's own, it will not bring back the latest release, in this case 6.
Thanks all for the help!
Mark
(2015-11-17, 13:50)mwkurt Wrote: Seems to be a problem with Openelec when it looks for a newer revision on it's own, it will not bring back the latest release, in this case 6.

It's not a problem, it's by design. OpenELEC will not automatically upgrade between major versions (ie. 5.x to 6.x), it will only upgrade minor versions (5.x to 5.y). And when you think about it, this is correct behaviour.

If you want to upgrade to a new major version (which may break lots of things the user has installed) then you do that yourself by dropping the new tar into the Update folder. If you want a nice GUI to automate this for you, then install the Dev Update Add-on from Leopolds repository.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Sounds good Milhouse...thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help a Noob figure out Raspberry Pi 2 and mysql problem0