RunScript and Skin.String does not compute.
I Need help with passing Skin.String and/or home.property to script using runscript:

Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.mediaPlayer,$INFO[Window(Home).Property(A)], $INFO[Skin.String(B)], $INFO[listitem.dbid])</onclick>

$INFO[Skin.String(B)] is passed as empty. Shows nicely in a label in a skin.
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(A)] is passed as empty. Shows nicely in a label in a skin.
$INFO[listitem.dbid] is passed just fine.

I can read three args just fine in python. From this code, I can clearly exctract a,b and c:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.mediaPlayer,a,b,c)</onclick>

Extract using:
Code:
the_a = sys.argv[1:][0]
the_b = sys.argv[1:][1]
the_c = sys.argv[1:][2]
WINDOW.setProperty( 'pythontest2' , "1:" + str(the_a) + ", 2 :" + str(the_b) + ", 3:" + str(the_c))

..outputs 1:a, 2:b, 3:c as expected.

Whereas this onclick:
Code:
<onclick>RunScript(script.mediaPlayer,$INFO[Skin.String(AlbumDBID)],$INFO[Window(Home).Property(getMovieDetailsFromDBID_file)],c)</onclick>
Using the same "extraction", outputs 1:, 2:, 3:c.. Not really as expected!?!

It does not matter what the skin.string or home.property is set to contain. They show up as empty.

Would someone kindly PLEASE confirm that:
The script is called correctly?
We should be able to pass skin.string?
We should be able to pass home properties?

Thanks

Kodi:16.0-ALPHA4 Git:20151025
Not working in 16.0-BETA2 Git:20151115-07f691e either.
As a workaround - and a general move towards more control - i am currently rolling my own plug to fill the song list in the expectation that if the value i need is stored in the listitem it will work.

It did.
is it in a container? skin.string no work as coded this way to cut overheaads..
Yes. Passed onclick from a panel. I see no reason for this to cause more overhead than my solution of passing all the needed values along wih my list? But thanks for the info. Wiki material imho. I have a working solution and that is all that matters to me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RunScript and Skin.String does not compute.0