Raspberry Pi 2, not booting, PWR & ACT constantly on
Hello,

I have purchased a Raspberry Pi 2 along with a Sandisk, class 10, 16 gb microSD card.
Installation of OSMC went smoothly with no errors. Later on I proceeded to connecting the RPi2 to HDMI, ethernet, keyboard AND ONLY THEN to the power supply.
The result was 2 leds (PWR&ACT) were constantly on (no flickering) and not boot was happening.
I unplugged from power, made sure everything was connected ok, then reconnected to power, the RPi2 booted properly.
Thinking I probably poorly conncted the RPi2 at first, I just proceeded and used it for a couple of hours, then turned it off (via shutdown in kodi) and went to bed.
This morning, I plugged it back in to power, and guess what? same thing again, both leds constantly on and no boot. Again, unplugged from power, plugged back in - and vualla, boots up normally again.
To make sure, I shut it down a few times and booted up again, and worked ok.

The only common denominator I can think of is both times this happened the RPi2 was turned off for a long period of time.
What am I missing here? SD card is recommended and working fine (if not, how does it boot), everything is connected properly. What could cause this issue?
Again, after the "first bad boot" it starts up find after I re-plug it to power.
This happend twice so far, and I couldn't find any answers regarding this issue (couldn't find posts describing ACT as constantly on).

Thanks.
What power supply are you using? The Pi 2 B needs a reasonably healthy PSU (and a decent cable) to avoid dropping voltage at high-ish current loads.

Also - have you tried reflashing (say with OpenElec) to check it isn't an issue with the build of OSMC you've downloaded?
I have had similar problems with a RPi 2 running MotionOS with two cameras. Turned out the power supply wasn't man enough to run overclocked Pi with two camera plugged in. It would boot sometimes, other times it would refuse to boot, like you I would just get the two lights coming on and nothing happens. Or occasionally it would run for a couple of hours then crash.

New power supply and a short good quality usb cable sorted it out.

You can get significant voltage drop down a cheap cable, they are not really designed to carry 2 amps.

My OpenElec system uses a PiDigiAmp+ - the amp is powered from a 19 volt 4.5 amp power supply, then the amp supplies power to the RPi. Works perfectly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Raspberry Pi 2, not booting, PWR & ACT constantly on0