Which options suits me best?
Hey guys,

new to the forums here, but I've been using Kodi for the better part of a year on a few different devices (Windows, Chromebook/Crouton, Android).

So far my main device has been an old Acer C7 Chromebook. A few days ago I managed to break the screen and the wifi antenna (physically), but it works as a temporary solution. However, I was getting kind of tired of always having something break once Chrome OS updated, and the solution was not exactly plug and play. So now I'm looking for something costing up to about 150-200 euro maximum. The following are most important:

1. Good Kodi-support (including common codecs)
2. Spotify. It serves as a music player, too.
3. Netflix and other VOD-services.
4. Optical audio
5. Silent
6. Fairly plug n play (girlfriend-approved)

Other pluses, but far from necessities, would include games (android) and controller support. I'd like something that is fast, but nothing more demanding than a good quality 1080p and quick menu browsing is needed. 4k video, 3D and HD-audio is not required but future-proofing is of course never bad.

Any of you, with some more experience than me, have any recommendations? So far I've been looking at the following:

Wetek Core
+Kodi supporter
+Seems to tick most or all of the boxes
-Not out yet
-Small brand

Nvidia Shield
+Good performance
+Game streaming
+Popular choice
-Expensive
-No optical audio
-Dependence on Nvidia to keep software/firmware Kodi complient

Rpi2
+Cheap
+Great support
-Slow
-Poor implementation of Netflix and Spotify
-No games

Chromebox
+Good value
+Popular choice
+Good hardware
-Proprietary solution (tired of my Chromebook)
-More expensive in Finland than elsewhere
-Poor implementation of Spotify and Netflix

NUC and similar
+Good hardware
+Choice of software solutions
+Good software support
-Expensive
-Not plug and play

Any options I've missed? It seems to me like an android-solution would be best for me, as long as it is a product with good support. Are there any other options like the Wetek Core out there? Anything else I should be thinking about?

Thank in advance!
Got to disagree with your evaluation of the RPI2. They aren't slow, my RPI2 can be booted into Kodi in under 30 seconds and it can do a full database scan faster than my desktop PC. I have no idea about Netflix and Spotify as I don't use those. But they certainly play games. I am currently playing around with Retroarch and it works perfectly.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which options suits me best?0