• 13(current)
Windows 10 Fall update (1511) broke my SMB!!!
For me it got worse with the insider builds, but that could have changed recently, I've stopped those builds.
FTP with filezilla works here.
So this is the place to vent about Windows 10 and Kodi Jarvis.
Any other updates or resources to look at in relation to SMB not working in Kodi with Windows 10?

Edit:
It seems I personally my issue was a dumb one. I was thinking there was an SMB issue but really I just needed to add the source in Kodi first!

System->(sub menu under it)->File Manager->Add Source->Browse->Add Network Location
Protocol: SMB, then just type in my server name, and the shared folder I want access to. Username/Pass left blank because I wanted to use the logged on user's creds... Then hit OK.
Now it's in your browse list...
I had all sorts of trouble with a homegroup after upgrading to windows 10. Things wouldn't work right, the other computer on the network couldn't see it no matter what, etc.

I came across an old windows 7 guide to homegroup troubleshooting that helped. Basically:

1) Leave any homegroup on any connected computer.
a) If you can't leave it, then go into "C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\PeerNetworking" and delete all the files that start with "idstore" (there's 2 or 3 of them).
2) Turn off every single computer and raspberry pi on the network except for the one that's starting the homegroup.
3) On that computer start a new homegroup
4) Now restart each other computer and raspberry pi one at a time, while joining the homegroup with each one

Apparently once you have any flaw in homegroup it will stay there no matter what unless you completely wipe the homegroup from every computer. This seems to screw up other networking also
I'm just gonna put this here. With Jarvis and Krypton I have trouble accessing SMB shares that are on a Windows 10 desktop. However Kodi Helix 14.2 sees the shares just fine from the same windows 10 desktop. The device I am running kodi on is a Amazon Fire TV V1
(2016-07-07, 01:43)justsidewayz Wrote: I'm just gonna put this here. With Jarvis and Krypton I have trouble accessing SMB shares that are on a Windows 10 desktop. However Kodi Helix 14.2 sees the shares just fine from the same windows 10 desktop. The device I am running kodi on is a Amazon Fire TV V1

Thank you so much for your tip, man! I was losing my mind over this, then I tried Kodi 14.2 and it worked!

Are Kodi developers aware of this? Do they know the reason why it stopped and have some solution in mind for Kodi future releases? Thank you for your consideration.
For me Windows 10 smb shares work for all drives except c: I use open/libreelec. Doesn't that confirm that this is not a Kodi problem. It seems like the C drive gets special protection. Like the secret service for my OS drive.
(2016-09-19, 03:30)Oli_Oops Wrote: For me Windows 10 smb shares work for all drives except c: I use open/libreelec. Doesn't that confirm that this is not a Kodi problem. It seems like the C drive gets special protection. Like the secret service for my OS drive.

I have issues with kodi 16.1 & Krypton, but it works great in 14.2 & MrMC

DRIVE C is flaky in kodi while D E F work great

Using Fire TV btw
(2016-09-19, 21:35)krawhitham Wrote:
(2016-09-19, 03:30)Oli_Oops Wrote: For me Windows 10 smb shares work for all drives except c: I use open/libreelec. Doesn't that confirm that this is not a Kodi problem. It seems like the C drive gets special protection. Like the secret service for my OS drive.

I have issues with kodi 16.1 & Krypton, but it works great in 14.2 & MrMC

DRIVE C is flaky in kodi while D E F work great

Using Fire TV btw

Try with SPMC (wiki). SPMC and MrMC are your best bet at future Android support, as far as Kodi is concerned.
I feel like the problem is related to the windows 10 anniversary update. I had a temp fix with windows 10 by disabling the large send offload, more below is intered. But this windows 10 anniversary update and screwed everything again. I feel like its on my server side, because with a combination of the update and all devices not seeing files, my shares are broken. Also windows is forcing me to use the newer windows store kodi, then the jarvis versions. I though I clean path might clear things up but smb got worse. Also now its forcing me to use a password or goes red. Previously I used blank but it was red and not go. So I added a password and its still red and wont go. Thank you smb.

http://www.peerwisdom.org/2013/04/03/lar...rformance/
I had these same issues but my problems were solved when I made a quick registry change from this post :
Link to Frodo thread & Fix

I will try to copy/paste the fix here from that link :
<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Quote:
Event ID 2011 — Shared Folders (SMB) Server Configuration

Resolve
Raise the IRPStackSize parameter for the server

The IRPStackSize parameter specifies the number of stack locations in I/O request packets (IRPs) that are used by Windows. You should increase this number for certain transports or for file system drivers.

To perform this procedure, you must have membership in Administrators, or you must have been delegated the appropriate authority.

Caution: Incorrectly editing the registry might severely damage your system. Before making changes to the registry, you should back up any valued data.

To increase IRPStackSize for the server:

Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate and then click to select the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Lanmanserver\Parameters
On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.(32bit)
Type IRPStackSize, and then press Enter.
Right-click IRPStackSize, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type the desired value, and then click OK.

>>>>>>

Believe it or not this fixed it for me. I was very pessimistic that it would fix the problem but it did. I'm on Windows 10 1607 (Major SP).
KDlinks A300 & SamSung Galaxy Tab A 10.1 both work fine now.
I have install Kodi 17 beta 3 on my shield tv but windows network smb not work. I can not add my files from the pc. Whene i push windows network smb i get only a not found. With Kodi 16 i dont have this problem.
After upgrading to Win10 I had to go to Kodi 14. Tried different workarounds to solve the problem. Anyways, the only solution for me was moving the data from C drive to another drive and sharing it. Now it works OK with latest Kodi (Android MBOX III).
(2016-10-10, 17:05)Schrotty Wrote: I have install Kodi 17 beta 3 on my shield tv but windows network smb not work. I can not add my files from the pc. Whene i push windows network smb i get only a not found. With Kodi 16 i dont have this problem.

Kodi 17.1RC1 (and probably previous versions of 17) fails to create the .smb folder in the proper place. This fix might work for you .... HERE
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Windows 10 Fall update (1511) broke my SMB!!!4