Req Enhance local info scraper for music video with tag reading
Since the theaudiodb scraper for musicvideos is disfunctional right now and most likely gets disabled for Jarvis I hope it would be possible to enhance the local info scraper for music videos with the ability to read embedded tags if available. Tagging files is a lot easier than creating nfo files and there is a huge amount of software available that users can use to tag files.

Nfo files should have priority if available but as a fallback solution embedded tags would be a nice addition and until another scraper for music videos becomes available it would be a very feasible solution to add music videos to the library. Users are pretty much stranded without a working scraper.

I did some tests here:

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2163469

I added mp4 to music extensions and used music scrapers with these files. Tags are picked up perfectly by the music scraper.

The video library uses some other database fields (but most are the same). The field director and contents (summary/plot of the video like for tv shows) come to my mind. In Mp3tag there is no such field available so a convention which tag field users should use for music videos director and plot has to be found. For plots I would suggest the commentary field in the tags.

To be honest personally I could easily live without the director information completely. I never use the director view for music videos (show all music videos by director XYZ).
Is this really so far out of scope? I believe some sort of video tag reading was discussed before (maybe even with a PR).

What's happened now with music videos (no working scraper) can theoertically happen with other content too.

No working scraper for music videos is an unfortunate situation for users. With some basic tag reading that would be quite a good workaround.
There is some tag support for movies now
https://kodi.wiki/view/Video_file_tagging
however none of it works with music videos (or TV shows).

Where should this be implemented? Is this something that needs to be added to scrapers or to Kodi itself? I think it would make sense to use tags on their own as well as search input to find additional information with scrapers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enhance local info scraper for music video with tag reading0