Accessing userdate non jailbreaked ios9
Hi, not a newbie to Kodi, but a newbie to kodi on the ipad. I'm not a big fan of jailbreaking, as stability is important to me with my ipad. I have recently with success installed Kodi on my ipad using Xcode7. So far so good. However i am using an advancedsettings.xml file on my other machines to have a synced database.

Is there no way to access userdata folders on a non jailbroken device?
Thru iTunes I believe you can do this.
(2015-11-21, 23:03)leejk Wrote: Thru iTunes I believe you can do this.

Thanks... Are there any instructions for this?
Just my 2¢ - I've found my IPad Air2 to be completely stable jail broken on 9.0.2, but all I really have added is kodi. I did side load Kodi on my IPad Pro and would also like to tweak some things...... I too would like to know how to use itunes to gain access to more files on a un-jailbroken iOS device.
(2015-11-22, 06:14)mountaingamer47 Wrote: Just my 2¢ - I've found my IPad Air2 to be completely stable jail broken on 9.0.2, but all I really have added is kodi. I did side load Kodi on my IPad Pro and would also like to tweak some things...... I too would like to know how to use itunes to gain access to more files on a un-jailbroken iOS device.

My ipad pro is in the post... Hence my desire to finally try and get Kodi up and running on ios. Not too keen on jailbreaking a new ipad pro and turning it into a very expensive brick.
It's not possible to brick and iOS device by jail breaking. Just restore in iTunes and start over.
I haven't tried this yet, but in iTunes with your device connected, if you select the Kodi app, on the right of iTunes it will display a folder named Kodi. You can copy this folder to your hard drive, makes changes, then copy it back I think. I think this works the same as for any other app, like Pages or Keynote.
If you use iFunBox or PhoneView, you can drill down into subdirectories and copy or replace individual files. With iTunes, you have to copy or replace the entire Kodi folder.
Awesome, that worked!! While itunes seems a little cumbersome, it didnt let me enter a particular folder. I coped the kodi folder from the file sharing option at the bottom of itunes to desktop, navigated to user date and changed the necessary advancedsettings.xml etc and, then renamed original folder in itunes and then copied entire kodi folder back. Now working...

Curious why that isnt in the FAQ!!!

Amazing, much appreciated Smile
(2015-11-22, 22:12)ChipsAhoy Wrote: If you use iFunBox or PhoneView, you can drill down into subdirectories and copy or replace individual files. With iTunes, you have to copy or replace the entire Kodi folder.

lol... I should have refreshed the page first before i posted my follow up!
Using iTunes, you can restore the iTunes. Smile
Is there a way to do this on the new Apple TV (4)? I want to copy over a Kodi installation from a Fire TV - I can do this with iTunes and and iPad and an iPhone, but the Apple TV doesn't show up in iTunes. I haven't tried iFunBox yet, though I suppose I should confirm it's not working as I suspect...
No, there is no 'Documents' on tvOS.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv
Is there a default user data config that is copied to the right place during the first-run process (themes, config, etc)? I should probably take a look at the Aeon Nox theme and see about stripping out all the Python dependencies. The main advantage that theme has to me over Confluence is that it has is Smart Playlist support as a Menu item on the home screen. This way I can segregate different folder of files (Kids vs. Non-Kids TV Shows, etc). I don't think this is standard on the Confluence skin.
Kodi for tvOS supports python, MrMC for tvOS does not.

If Memphiz followed MrMC codebase, default user data config gets vectored to NSUserDefaults, which is binary xml. You can't get to it from the outside world. The reason MrMC did this was NSUserDefaults is the only persistent storage available under tvOS and it is limited to 500KB.
MrMC Forums : http://forum.mrmc.tv

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Accessing userdate non jailbreaked ios90