Kodi won't start
Can someone please help me? I'm pretty tech savvy with the Rocam TV Box, but for some reason I have a black screen. It keeps restarting and I see Kodi v. 14.2 and then the screen goes black. All of the threads I've seen gives me instructions if I can access the home screen, but I can't click on anything. I've fixed many problems with these boxes, but this one has me stuck.
Have you by any chance downloaded anything to the device's memory rather than an external drive? Both friends I've set up with an android kodi box have managed to do this with results that sound similar.
Yes I did. I downloaded one of the helix version but didn't use it. The only thing it shows is the download symbol at the top left and Internet connection symbol in the right
What I should have said was that the downloads had filled the storage causing kodi to start but then fail. Deleting the downloads by using the box's file manager brought kodi back to life.

Did you delete the helix download? If not, I'd suggest you do. if this gets you back to kodi, look at your internal storage and have a clear out. The helix download on its own shouldn't have filled storage but deleting it should free up enough space to bring Kofi back IF this is your problem.

Hope this helps.
Yes I would like to do that but how do I do it when the screen is black. When I unplug the box and restart it, there's a black screen. I can't click on anything.
(2015-11-25, 14:54)troyriffic Wrote: Yes I would like to do that but how do I do it when the screen is black. When I unplug the box and restart it, there's a black screen. I can't click on anything.

Can you use adb shell to get into it?

Cheers!
Your box immediately tries to open kodi and black screens rather than opening to an android menu?
Do I understand correctly from what I've read?

What about trying recovery? It usually involves pushing a matchstick to the microswitch at the bottom of the av socket. You hold the switch down for about 10 secs at the same time as you plug in the power to turn it on.

Not sure if you'll know about this already as you did say you were tech savvy.
I'm not familiar with adb shell, can you give me some instructions on how to do it
Yes that's correct, but I'll look for that hole that you're talking about and see if that will reset it. I have the ROCAM TV box, but I do remember seeing AV on it. Thanks you guys for your time and knowledge
(2015-11-25, 17:42)troyriffic Wrote: I'm not familiar with adb shell, can you give me some instructions on how to do it

http://www.howtogeek.com/125769/how-to-i...e-utility/

I dont know if you can do it, but if its android you should be able to
I read the information, but if my screen is totally black how do I install the fix?
Ya i guess if you cant access the Android menus, then you cant allow the connections.

Sorry, sounds like best to try some factory reset. Or put a message on the forums on the manufacture of the box, cuz it sounds like a box issue (and 14.2 is an older version and not supported)

Cheers!
I don't see the hole that you referred me to, but if someone can tell me how to get rid of this black screen I would greatly appreciate it.
It's not really a hole. You put a match in the "port" where you'd expect to connect the av jack. I've looked on the net and your box does have an av out port/socket or whatever you call it. Press gently and you should feel the click as the micro switch is triggered.

Have another try after reareading my previous post. If you get to recovery, do a factory reset. You'll have setup to do but it's the only way IMO.
Yes that worked thanks again for your time and knowledge

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi won't start0