Openelec Windows question
I just took an old laptop and made it OpenElec only. I plan to leave it on, and plug it into my TV while streaming vids from my NAS.
If I plug the laptop into my modem with the NAS connected to it, will it run like a hard drive is plugged in? I just want to reduce buffering and don't want to rely on my wifi. I want as clean a connection as possible. I have a Chromebox + attached hard drive in another room that works great.

Also, is there a way to have the laptop auto project to the TV instead of mirroring? I don't have dual boot. I'm OE specific with a DVI adapter...non HDMI.

Any suggestions with this?
Accessing the nas over wired Ethernet is the same as accessing it over wifi, except faster and more reliable.

In kodi settings you can choose which screen to output to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I just noticed the screen thing. I haven't had to use it yet. I'm still thinking of when I had to mirror from my laptop, but it's Kodi only now...different stuff.

I'll just plug in then. I figured, but didn't want to do a bunch of trial and error.

Thanks much for the input!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec Windows question0