NextPVR corrupting Movies??
Hi Guys, I'm not sure where I'm going with this one. I'm a more than a little lost here.
I've got Win 8.1 running, been using Kodi Isengard for a few months, Then I moved my residence across town. When I set everything up back up in my new home, the way it was... my WMC quit working. I figured this was a result of the general migration to Win 10 (although this computer was not migrated so I could keep my wife happy with TV and recordings, etc...)

So I decided to set up the Kodi for live TV and put in a PVR to the mix. I searched until I thought the answer was NextPVR. I bought a new HDHomeRun so it would be compatible, installed it, got the channels, installed Schedules Direct, installed NextPVR, and thought I had it all working. I had few hiccups,... but I was able to record the Thanksgiving Day parade for my family, I thought I was on the way to sheer bliss.... oops...wrong again.... That night we started to watch a movie off my server (Win Server 2012)... (Back to the Future) and at 8:59 into the movie I got an error message in the bottom right of the screen that the PVR had lost connection and the movie stopped. Frozen. No amount of restarting either the server of the computer and redirecting the hardware to see the movie file would restart the movie. Gave up and went to bed... frustrated...

Then next day, went back to see if I could get it to work. Dropped out the mapped drives, erased the library settings, basically started it all over again. This time when I set up the NextPVR I must've set something in place in the permissions, (couldn't find it again to save my life) and every time I started Kodi, the TV would take control of the program and blast out the television signal. I had to stop it every time before I could redirect to the program to watch a movie. So we tried to watch RED last night. Then at 58:09 into the movie, again got the error that the PVR had lost connection and the movie froze. Again. This time the whole computer froze. So I removed the PVR, then Schedules Direct, then HDHomeRun, dropped the movies out of the Kodi and still could not get the computer to connect back to the server to refresh the link... I've erased so much stuff, I'm not sure there is a log to inspect. If there is, or if you think there is, I'd be happy to look for it in case you want to see it. Just point me to it!

Right now I've reinstalled Gotham and currently updating the library with the movies to see if this will resolve the issue. then I'll bring it forward again to see if I missed something during the various migrations and software setups.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!
thank you for letting me get this off my chest.

John
Are the recordings fine in NextPVR itself? ie, you've got the complete recording.
The one recording I did, was complete, but the quality was really terrible... I would use if there was nothing else and I really had to have a copy of a show for later viewing. Otherwise I would prefer to skip it entirely. I'm considering just setting up the NextPVR as a standalone option. I've moved a copy of my CyberlinkDCD file over to this computer, so maybe that will help clear up the quality issue, not sure...I'm thinking a better MPEG-2 codec might help the quality.
(2015-11-30, 23:42)DoorGuy500 Wrote: The one recording I did, was complete, but the quality was really terrible...
Is this from a digital tuner? If so, then the recording is just a dump of whatever the broadcaster sent, so it should be as good a quality recording as your can get (and you'll get the exact same quality recording out of any other app too).

You could be having playback issues that make it look bad though. Was this terrible quality when playing back in Kodi or NextPVR?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NextPVR corrupting Movies??0