Win Files Freezing at Ad Break
Wondered if someone could help?

It's been a long time since I had any issues with Kodi itself rather than a skin, but I have had one since upgrading to 15.2

I use VideoRedo to remove the commercials from recorded TV shows and have done for many years without issue, but recently (since upgrading to Isengard) when playing them in Kodi the video will freeze where the ad break was and the audio will continue. I have to stop the video and restart (albeit at the same place) for it to continue correctly.

This only happens with HD files (SD are fine), only happens in Kodi (works fine in VLC etc...) and, to my knowledge, only since upgrading to Isengard 15.2 - I can't think of any other changes to my system, possibly Windows 8.1 to 10 but I think that was a few weeks earlier anyway.

Any help would be appreciated

Many thanks
Do you use hardware acceleration?
Just to test, see if the issue persists when using software mode.
Thanks Atreyu, turning this off did solve it - however, shouldn't I be able to have this on (as before) and reduce my CPU usage?

I have a Nvidia GTX 750Ti graphics card and i3-3220 processor. With DXVA2 enabled my CPU usage is circa 17%, with it disabled it is circa 38%

Apart from this added usage are there any other advantages? I can't seem to see a difference in playback quality

Many thanks
Just ti be clear, changing to software decode is only to confirm an issue with hw acceleration.
It really depends on your typical system what would be best. For instance, if you use a build-in/shared memory graphics card, it won't make much difference.
A dedicated card i think will be more fit to offload stuff.

Most likely it has something to do with your card's driver version or settings. See if you run the latest version, or maybe on older version is known not to have issues with hw decoding (ati is known to cause issues sometimes, don't know about nvidia).
Good luck.
Oh, another possible thing to check , is if Jarvis (v16) behaves better with hw on.
It's in beta stage, but works great and has dx11 instead of dx9. Worked much, much smoother on my system..
Thanks Atreyu, my drivers are up to date on my graphics card - I'll have a search and see whether there are any known issues.

Turning off the acceleration does the trick for now, but don't really want to not utilise the drop in CPU usage if I can - it seems strange to me that it only happens on files that had ad breaks; tv shows/movies that I have recorded and removed the bit before and after the video and blu-rays that I've backed-up are all fine, just HD tv shows where there would have been ads.

Upgrading to Jarvis isn't quite an option for me just yet - the skin I use hasn't been released on Jarvis as yet. But I'm happy to wait with the temporary fix above.

Thanks for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files Freezing at Ad Break0