Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting
Hi guys. Im having ramdom problems with kodi.

From time to time I got exception caught on main loop exiting. Then crash.

Doesnt happen on 15.1 or 15.2. Only happens on every 16 build I tried, including beta 3.

What can i do to help? I see some kodi crashing .dmp created. Should I upload this or kodi.log?

Im using RBC add on. Not sure is has something to do, other things pretty much stock.

Problem is random while watching a movie, browsing roms, kodi homescreen...

Im using win10 x64. Even tried clean w10 install and kodi install. And problem will appear sooner or later.

Nvidia gpu and intel cpu.

Thanks
Here is the latest part of the log when error occurs...

http://pastebin.com/ucz4xHbC
same here in windows 7
It´s reported here too http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16428

Some devs said it´s a nvidia win10 driver problem. I dont think so, but lets see.

BTW, updated to beta 4 and still no crash, but I guess it will crash sooner or later. Will report back.
Spoke too soon. Error is present on beta 4.
Please uninstall the nVidia driver´s complete with Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) then install the latest driver again. You can also try to reproduce the issue with integrated GPU if your CPU has it.

Edit: Try also version 358.50 of nVidia drivers
Hi, cleaned with DDU.

Tried 358.87, 358.91, 359.00, 359.06.

Didnt tried 358.50, but I remember going back to insengard from jarvis beta´s long time ago because of this problem. So I guess problem is across all drivers for win 10.

When I install kodi for the first time, looks like it works ok from a day or so. After that, error start to happen more and more frequently. IE. When I updated from b3 to b4, worked without error for a day. Now error is present within every hour or so.
I'm getting exact same error. Win 10 64bit on Beta 4. Beta 2 and 3 were fine.
Debug Log? StackTrace files? DMP files? Not info - no help.
@fishersman
iirc nothing was changed in DirectX part of Kodi since Beta2.
Id uploaded dmp files to kodi tracker.

Would be great if fisherman do the same. To help devs.

Atm kodi is not usable for me. Today I watched s01e07 of ash vs evil dead divx rip. Crashed every 3 minuted on a 25 min chapter.

The eight time it crashed, cannot start kodi anymore, cant create guide error until I reboot the pc.
Seems your drivers don't work correctly after some time. As I said before in many threads with issues on Win10 the main problem of Win10 is wet drivers.
Well, let´s hope is that.

Yesterday, used kodi for 3 or 4 hours without a single crash. So weird.

Will be nice to get more technical info about the video problem to report to nvidia.
Same issue here, on windows 7 with an ATI graphics card, how does that sit with NVidia the theories!

I uploaded the logs with the kodi log uploader plugin with the 'always skip previous' option unchecked http://xbmclogs.com/plerfggya, but I don't see the previous (relevant) logs there.

the error seems to be fairly random, perhaps when changing TV channels but probably less than once a day, still enough to be of concern.
Been not experiencing this problem since latest nvidia update. Not sure if it´s completely related or not. Need to test more.
Spoke too soon. The error came back.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Error: Exception caught on main loop.exiting0