v15 Adding music files without scraping | Playlists loading takes ages on remote
Hey, I´m quite new to Kodi, so sorry if I ask questions asked a hundred times before (I swear I searched, although it´s not my main talent).
I have two issues regarding my Kodi setup running on a pi2 with raspbian jessie and kodi 15.2.
First thing I would like to know how to add "all" my Music files to the library of Kodi. In the moment I´m only sure that there are thousands of files missing. My collection includes approx. 55.000 mp3 and aac files. I played and managed them with iTunes over the years, copied them over to an ext4 formatted HDD which is now connected directly to the pi. I then added the source which took several hours and now I had to find out that a lot of them I can only access through file menu and do not find them in the kodi library. I even don´t know how many files made it into the library. Sure there have been hundred or even thousand of files which have not been tagged correctly, lots of them were private recordings or vinyl records burned to mp3... What does it take to have them all in the Library? If I could see the Album and/or Artist title would be more than enough for me (all my files had id3 Tags for at least one entry).
Another thing is that whatever playlist (created in the pi or imported from iTunes) I try to access from remote through Kore for ios or a 3rd. party app like e.g. yatse it takes ages to open them, though they play fine afterwards. For example a music playlist containing 115 Titles takes 4:30 minutes to display. In Kore for android I don´t even find how to access the playlists... Wifi speed is fine, all other triggers work as expected...

If anybody could guide me I would be glad to the return the favor.

Thanks

Lothar
I would have spotted this thread sooner if it had been in the O/S independant forum, it is not an O/S specific issue.

(2015-12-08, 01:20)lotte67890 Wrote: ...I even don´t know how many files made it into the library. Sure there have been hundred or even thousand of files which have not been tagged correctly, lots of them were private recordings or vinyl records burned to mp3... What does it take to have them all in the Library? If I could see the Album and/or Artist title would be more than enough for me (all my files had id3 Tags for at least one entry).

You can see how many songs there are in your library (in Confluence) at the bottom of the songs list view.

What does it take to have them all in the Library? Proper file tagging and they will appear, the library uses the tags.

"all my files had id3 Tags for at least one entry" - is that one tag? Which? One file? Not clear what you are saying. Even private recordings can be tagged, but you have to put the work in to get a library. As a minimum each file needs a title, artist, track no and album (if parts of a whole).

Sorry the Kore/Yatse slow playlist loading question belongs in a forum about Kore or Yatse.
(2015-12-14, 00:50)DaveBlake Wrote: I would have spotted this thread sooner if it had been in the O/S independant forum, it is not an O/S specific issue.

(2015-12-08, 01:20)lotte67890 Wrote: ...I even don´t know how many files made it into the library. Sure there have been hundred or even thousand of files which have not been tagged correctly, lots of them were private recordings or vinyl records burned to mp3... What does it take to have them all in the Library? If I could see the Album and/or Artist title would be more than enough for me (all my files had id3 Tags for at least one entry).

You can see how many songs there are in your library (in Confluence) at the bottom of the songs list view.

What does it take to have them all in the Library? Proper file tagging and they will appear, the library uses the tags.

"all my files had id3 Tags for at least one entry" - is that one tag? Which? One file? Not clear what you are saying. Even private recordings can be tagged, but you have to put the work in to get a library. As a minimum each file needs a title, artist, track no and album (if parts of a whole).

Sorry the Kore/Yatse slow playlist loading question belongs in a forum about Kore or Yatse.

THX, I will have a look how many files managed it to be recognised and how many there should be. I also found out that I can have a look at the database (sql) file itself with an sqlviewer application.
The Problem with kore/yatse e.g. is solved since I switched to openelec, due I did not manage to get tvheadend working properly under raspian, only thing I now need to include is hostapd under openelec...

Best

Lotte

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding music files without scraping | Playlists loading takes ages on remote0