Nvidia Shield keeps crashing
Photo 
After having my Nvidia Shield for a couple of weeks I have noticed it quite often stops sending the display to my screen and instead shows tv static, Occasionally the picture will come back on and i can continue watching but more often than not i have to go and reboot the machine.

Should i send it back or is it something i am doing wrong ? any help would be really appreciated.

This is what the screen looks like.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt3JxA94ZAI
I've never experienced that behavior.
You're sure this is not related to a HDMI handshake issue? How is the Shiels connected to your TV? Directly? Through an AVR?
White noise?? I do not believe that. What kind of retro TV are you using?
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY
(2015-12-18, 09:44)datranquil Wrote: White noise?? I do not believe that. What kind of retro TV are you using?

I will ignore your sarcasm and assume ignorance. For your information handshake issues can cause noise patterns as they one you're seeing. I had a noise pattern like the one you're seeing on my Panasonic plasma (not a retro model) when connected to my Nexus Player through my Pioneer AVR but not when the Nexus Player was connected directly to the TV . That was clearly a handshake issue as also recognized by Pioneer. I would suggest you to read up on what errors/signals you can expect when you have handskake issues and ways to solve them.
Sorry for that, I thought you want to place a joke here. Really, never saw something like that on a digital TV.
My Philips TV also had handshake problems with my IPTV receiver in the past and FW updates for the TV solved them.

So I think you checked for latest fw-updates for your AVR and TV? It would also be good to get answers to pappaganush questions.
Do you use long and/ or cheap HDMI cables?
Kodi 15.2 @ Android TV (Nvidia Shield)
PVR Backend: DVBLink/ DVBLogic with DigitalDevices 2xDVB-S & 2xDVB-C,CI DeltaCamTwin @ UM02 & HD02
Media Backend: EMBY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield keeps crashing0