Logitech Harmony Smart Control without HUB??
I googled the crap out of this but found nothing helpful. I see they sell the remote with the hub and an add-on version without the hub. What I did read all said you need the hub, but I found nothing posted from someone who tried it without a hub using an RF or IR Blaster on a PC. It looks like the remote uses RF, I have an RF USB dongle on my pc and am wondering if I'd be able to use the $30 hubless version of the remote? I have both an IR Blaster & RF dongle on my PC. I like this remote, and would probably buy if it I could get it working without having to buy the version with the hub.

So, has anyone here tried this?
The Logitech Smart Control doesn't use RF, it uses Wifi I think. Anyway, I really don't see it being useful without a hub, it connects (via some proprietary protocol, probably) directly with the hub and can't interact with any device directly, AFAIK.

EDIT: I think I may have been confusing things when I said the smart control uses Wifi. Now I'm thinking the most likely is the remote uses RF to communicate with the hub, and the hub is the device connecting to your wifi for updates and editing your activities.
Hummm, I was just wondering, I know the hub is how you program the remote. But I was thinking if uses RF and I have an RF dongle I could use Showkey to get the codes and map them out myself. But all the Googling in the world and I can't figure out if this would work.
I haven't seen any evidence of being able to use the remote without the hub. Knowing Logitech, it's probably a similar protocol as their unifying devices, but would probably take more effort than it's worth to make it work separate from the hub
I doubt it will work but you can try, and always buy the hub later. Its probably cheaper to buy them separately anyhow.

I love the remote so you won't be sorry. I went to buy another one and they have a new model I like even more than the first one, The Companion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony Smart Control without HUB??0