• 54(current)
v16 Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!
New to this forum - if I'm missing anything, let me know (not sure a log is required for this issue).

Have an nvidia shield tv and denon avr1910. I upgraded from Isengard to this experimental release (latest as posted in first post). Confirmed that passthrough for DTSHD and TrueHD work. Awesomeness!

I also use Kodi for Live TV with a mythtv backend. Everything has been working great, but since upgrading, Live TV buffers constantly. By constantly, I get about 1/2 second of video/sound, and it buffers. Running kodi 15.2 Live TV on my phone (Nexus 6) works fine. Nothing on the myth side changed between upgrading.

If I turn off audio passthrough, the buffering issue stops and Live TV with this release works fine. Only, the audio isn't full surround. I flipped back and forth between passthrough and non-passthrough and the results were the same. With passthrough on, constant buffering. With it off, no buffering.

Running remuxed blurays (mkv) with passthrough works fine, so it's not an apparent network bandwidth issue.

Anyone have a similar situation with Live TV?
(2016-01-26, 14:55)ctaranto Wrote: New to this forum - if I'm missing anything, let me know (not sure a log is required for this issue).

Have an nvidia shield tv and denon avr1910. I upgraded from Isengard to this experimental release (latest as posted in first post). Confirmed that passthrough for DTSHD and TrueHD work. Awesomeness!

I also use Kodi for Live TV with a mythtv backend. Everything has been working great, but since upgrading, Live TV buffers constantly. By constantly, I get about 1/2 second of video/sound, and it buffers. Running kodi 15.2 Live TV on my phone (Nexus 6) works fine. Nothing on the myth side changed between upgrading.

If I turn off audio passthrough, the buffering issue stops and Live TV with this release works fine. Only, the audio isn't full surround. I flipped back and forth between passthrough and non-passthrough and the results were the same. With passthrough on, constant buffering. With it off, no buffering.

Running remuxed blurays (mkv) with passthrough works fine, so it's not an apparent network bandwidth issue.

Anyone have a similar situation with Live TV?

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2218679
Thanks for the link, and I obviously didn't tread through the entire thread. I really appreciate it and understand that asking questions that have already been answered can be annoying. Smile

I'm "happy" to see that it's not just me, but it's not clear what the solution is for Kodi users who use it for both Live TV and streaming movies.

For streaming movies, the passthrough needs to be enabled.

For Live TV, what do we do? Swapping that setting back and forth definitely doesn't pass the WAF. Is there a setting for Live TV only that would disable passthrough? Maybe it's just a Kodi 17 thing and we'll need to wait?
Live TV should be only AC3. So disable pass through for AC3/Dobly Digital should do the trick.
There should be minimal difference between AC3 pass through and AC3 decoded by Kodi.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot (when I get home).
(2016-01-26, 17:09)wweich Wrote: Live TV should be only AC3. So disable pass through for AC3/Dobly Digital should do the trick.
There should be minimal difference between AC3 pass through and AC3 decoded by Kodi.

I tried that but it does not work. At least not for me.
Now that I think about it, I did disable all the options (but kept passthrough enabled), and Live TV still didn't work.

Crud.
(2016-01-26, 18:54)ctaranto Wrote: Now that I think about it, I did disable all the options (but kept passthrough enabled), and Live TV still didn't work.

Crud.

I have the same problem. I have to disable passthrough when watching TV.
This is because all audio is being passed through even if you deselect amp support for that format, it is happening with DTS and DTS HD, the only way as you say to stop a certain format passing through in this build is to turn pass through off completely.
Hopefully this is something the devs can address some time soon. Otherwise, this is an awesome release and having passthrough for streaming movies is amazing.
(2016-01-25, 16:49)Godmode Wrote: I hadn't enough time the last days, so I couldn't test the version of this thread, but I will try today.

It seams, the new version from this thread solved my standby-resume sound issue.
Nice, with kodi-20160121-0a9c10f-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a.apk
all ist working:

AC3
DD True HD
DTS
DTS HD

on FireTV2 with Onkyo 809

Big Thx
(2015-12-31, 17:55)Hiphopopotamus Wrote:
(2015-12-31, 15:56)Koying Wrote: I see in one log of the "screeching sound on pause on DTS" that it's using the "jump back on unpause" script.
Is it an isolated case?

I just disabled it, made no difference, still have stutter on DTS.
I uninstalled it, rebooted Shield, still have stutter, updated log - http://pastebin.com/n1sRNVpQ

Same here (also Shield TV). When pausing videos with DTS audio, video and audio stutter for about a second. Running kodi-20160121-0a9c10f-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a.apk.
(2016-01-27, 23:23)UserD Wrote: Nice, with kodi-20160121-0a9c10f-adddroidPT-armeabi-v7a.apk
all ist working:

AC3
DD True HD
DTS
DTS HD

on FireTV2 with Onkyo 809

Big Thx

Just curious how are you getting True HD and DTS-HD on an AFTV? I have no option in KODI to enable those for PT, just DTS and AC3 only.

Thanks
(2016-01-26, 21:24)bizid Wrote:
(2016-01-26, 18:54)ctaranto Wrote: Now that I think about it, I did disable all the options (but kept passthrough enabled), and Live TV still didn't work.

Crud.

I have the same problem. I have to disable passthrough when watching TV.

There are specific PVR buffer options in advancedsettings.xml, I have this in one of my Kodi players that is connected using slow wifi. These buffer settings worked wonders for that, and although it buffers for quite some time before it begins, it then plays almost fine(I use Tvheadend as backend). Maybe it also is a solution to this specific problem.

<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readbufferfactor>1.5</readbufferfactor>
<cachemembuffersize>104857600</cachemembuffersize>
</network>
<pvr>
<minvideocachelevel>20</minvideocachelevel>
<minaudiocachelevel>20</minaudiocachelevel>
</pvr>
  • 54(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android pass-through test thread. EXPERIMENTAL!!!11