Newbie question - Analogue audio volume is too low on RPi
Hi there,

I'm new to Linux, Raspberry Pi, omxplayer, kodi, Broadcom... So, my apologies for silly questions. Hopefully, there is none :-)

I'm attempting to find a way to optionally adapt behavior of analogue audio of latest Kodi back to as it was for XMBC Frodo and before. So, I have a few questions to audio experts on Raspberry Pi:

1. For last Kodi sources I see that final volume handling is in method COMXAudio::ApplyVolume. The COMXCoreComponent just handles communication with the SoC. Is this correct?
  2. Frodo has comparable method COMXAudio::SetCurrentVolume (I mean https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/Frodo/...o.cpp#L699). A few lines below (namely, line: 708) there is an "if" statement: "if (m_format.m_channelLayout.Count() > 2)". It looks like "the Frodo way" handling of the volume for analogue output is in "else" part at line: 755. Is this correct?
  3. Is it possible to apply "the Frodo way" to the latest version of Kodi or I should take something more into account? Are there any surprises I should take into account?

Of course, this should be an optional function. I don't want to discuss it right now. I'll come back to it later.
Is anyone to comment?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie question - Analogue audio volume is too low on RPi0