Logitech Harmony "Smart Control" now with Kodi support
Logitech has recently added Kodi support to the "Smart Control" remote platform. I set this up yesterday and am so far very happy. The hub uses bluetooth to communicate with my PC to interact with Kodi. The response times are very fast. Clearly much faster than with older Logitech hardware.

There is not much configuration that I am aware of. All of the Kodi basic functions work, and there are several pages of functions included, many of which do not appear to do much. I was pleased that I could assign buttons to the "context menu" and "audio offset" commands.

Link to the thread at Logitech

Quote:Re: Plex and Kodi support
Options
‎10-14-2015 09:48 AM

Dear Harmony Users,

We're glad to inform you that we have created a Bluetooth profile specifically for Plex/Kodi. I'd recommend you to add the device as given below, create "Watch PC" Activity and pair it with the Hub.

Manufacturer: Microsoft
Model: Plex (or) Kodi

Manufacturer: Apple

Please test these devices and provide us your feedback to help us improve the Harmony Experience with Plex/Kodi.

PS: Ensure that your MC or Mac supports Bluetooth.
Best Regards,
PKHarmony
(2015-12-22, 16:42)jryan15 Wrote: Logitech has recently added Kodi support to the "Smart Control" remote platform. I set this up yesterday and am so far very happy. The hub uses bluetooth to communicate with my PC to interact with Kodi. The response times are very fast. Clearly much faster than with older Logitech hardware.

There is not much configuration that I am aware of. All of the Kodi basic functions work, and there are several pages of functions included, many of which do not appear to do much. I was pleased that I could assign buttons to the "context menu" and "audio offset" commands.

Link to the thread at Logitech

Quote:Re: Plex and Kodi support
Options
‎10-14-2015 09:48 AM

Dear Harmony Users,

We're glad to inform you that we have created a Bluetooth profile specifically for Plex/Kodi. I'd recommend you to add the device as given below, create "Watch PC" Activity and pair it with the Hub.

Manufacturer: Microsoft

Manufacturer: Apple

Please test these devices and provide us your feedback to help us improve the Harmony Experience with Plex/Kodi.

PS: Ensure that your MC or Mac supports Bluetooth.
Best Regards,
PKHarmony

This is great. Thanks for sharing.
No IP control. Think I am going to stick with IR for now.
Damn, the title got my SUPER excited. But the fact this uses bluetooth and not IP control really makes this nothing new. I've been using harmonies with kodi over bluetooth for years now, you just pair it as a windows pc (even if it's a linux pc) and it works just fine with some minor kodi keymap adjustments. I wish harmony would start taking IP control more seriously.
Yep, it's nice that they have a separate profile for bluetooth, but IP control is what we really want.

The hub supports IP control for the roku, so it can definitely be done.
i just picked up a harmony smart remote and using the "Kodi" profile, the number buttons dont register, in the logitech software they are all mapped correctly but its not sending any command to my RPi, the rest of the buttons work, give or take, but not the numbers, does anyone know how to get a fuller functioning remote setup for KODI
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Ubuntu Server - 12 TB NAS - MYSQL - Torrent Box
(2015-12-27, 15:48)dukester Wrote: i just picked up a harmony smart remote and using the "Kodi" profile, the number buttons dont register, in the logitech software they are all mapped correctly but its not sending any command to my RPi, the rest of the buttons work, give or take, but not the numbers, does anyone know how to get a fuller functioning remote setup for KODI

I use Harmony's Plex Media Player device. But not sure if that will solve your issue. I don't use the number buttons.
i ended up getting something a bit better to work, i setup the device as a PC and and got enough working commands to have something for each button i can then adjust that with keymap.xml using the keymap editor, dirty but working, now my issue is when i assigned the numbers all to virtual keyboard numbers 0-9 while using PVR i go to type a number, it pop up a virtual number pad but only the first digit i press registers, so if i press 25 i see the 2 then i see just the 5 i dont get 25.. any ideas anyone?
Main System - HTPC - Intel I3 6300 - Asrock z170 - 16 GB DDR4 - 128gb SSD - 65" UHD HDR Sony Android TV - Pioneer VSX 1130-K - 7.2.2 speakers
Other devices currently in use - 55" 3D UHD LG TV - 2 Fire TV's - Nexus Player - MiniMX s905 - Voyo Vmac Mini
Create a keyboard.xml from a text file and place it in the keymaps folder. Here is an example.

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<k>UpdateLibrary(video)</k>
<w>ToggleWatched</w>
<two>JumpSMS2</two>
<three>JumpSMS3</three>
<four>JumpSMS4</four>
<five>JumpSMS5</five>
<six>JumpSMS6</six>
<seven>JumpSMS7</seven>
<eight>JumpSMS8</eight>
<nine>JumpSMS9</nine>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Fwiw, it took 3 device profiles and a special blend of those devices button assignments in order to fully control Kodi and PowerDVD activities at the same time. In other words, if you have a need to control Kodi and PDVD simultaneously, one device and it's button profiles is not going to work.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
I just installed a Bluetooth adapter on my windows 10 pc which has Kodi on it. How do I setup the Logitech elite remote to utilize the Kodi Bluetooth functionality?
(2015-12-31, 01:19)bigbwb Wrote: I just installed a Bluetooth adapter on my windows 10 pc which has Kodi on it. How do I setup the Logitech elite remote to utilize the Kodi Bluetooth functionality?

It's not worth it. Use IR.
(2015-12-31, 01:19)bigbwb Wrote: I just installed a Bluetooth adapter on my windows 10 pc which has Kodi on it. How do I setup the Logitech elite remote to utilize the Kodi Bluetooth functionality?

its not totally simple but your best bet is to just setup the remote for a PC from the desktop app, it might say something about IR but it will use bluetooth, then use the phone app to pair your hub with the pc via blutooth once done, you will have a working mapping for every button on the remote(they wont be doing what you want yet tho), then use the Keymap editor addon inside Kodi to setup the buttons to do the different functions you want. like this you can get all the buttons working 100% and even more for "long presses". At first i was frustrated but now its hard to imagine how ive gone so long without a good remote.
(2016-01-02, 02:16)dukester Wrote:

its not totally simple but your best bet is to just setup the remote for a PC from the desktop app, it might say something about IR but it will use bluetooth, then use the phone app to pair your hub with the pc via blutooth once done, you will have a working mapping for every button on the remote(they wont be doing what you want yet tho), then use the Keymap editor addon inside Kodi to setup the buttons to do the different functions you want. like this you can get all the buttons working 100% and even more for "long presses". At first i was frustrated but now its hard to imagine how ive gone so long without a good remote.

I was able to get the remote working Kodi just fine! I now need to look into using the keymap add on. Any links to a guide on how or do so? I'm somewhat of a beginner when it comes to advanced features in Kodi etc.

Thanks.
(2016-01-02, 05:38)bigbwb Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 02:16)dukester Wrote:

I was able to get the remote working Kodi just fine! I now need to look into using the keymap add on. Any links to a guide on how or do so? I'm somewhat of a beginner when it comes to advanced features in Kodi etc.

Thanks.

you will find that not ALL the buttons work on the remote, you will need to assign different commands to those ones in the "My Harmony" PC app, they dont need to be the commands you want, just commands that KODI recognizes (then use the keymap editor to make them do what you want. good luck below is a link to the wiki which says how to install it, and in that link theres a link to a thread on the addon itself.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor
(2016-01-02, 16:24)dukester Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 05:38)bigbwb Wrote:
(2016-01-02, 02:16)dukester Wrote: its not totally simple but your best bet is to just setup the remote for a PC from the desktop app, it might say something about IR but it will use bluetooth, then use the phone app to pair your hub with the pc via blutooth once done, you will have a working mapping for every button on the remote(they wont be doing what you want yet tho), then use the Keymap editor addon inside Kodi to setup the buttons to do the different functions you want. like this you can get all the buttons working 100% and even more for "long presses". At first i was frustrated but now its hard to imagine how ive gone so long without a good remote.

Thanks.

you will find that not ALL the buttons work on the remote, you will need to assign different commands to those ones in the "My Harmony" PC app, they dont need to be the commands you want, just commands that KODI recognizes (then use the keymap editor to make them do what you want. good luck below is a link to the wiki which says how to install it, and in that link theres a link to a thread on the addon itself.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Keymap_Editor

I think I got it, thanks! All I really needed was for the info button to display movie info and edit the rewind button. All the other commands worked when I first created the device/activity! I only watch movies through Kodi, so basic commands were all I require.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Logitech Harmony "Smart Control" now with Kodi support0