Custom Context Menu
In Aeon MQ6 there is a custom system menu (S key) skin. Could I make a similar menu and have it show whenever someone presses context menu (C key) rather than the default context menu? I basically want to have the same look as the default context menu, but have items hidden if kiosk mode is on.
nope, it's not possible to alter/replace the context menu.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Right, but could I map a button via the skin that when pressed brings up my modified menu?
(2015-12-24, 00:06)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Right, but could I map a button via the skin that when pressed brings up my modified menu?

Yes, that's exactly what I do in my Super Favourites addon (button mapping is done via a keymap file)
(2015-12-24, 00:12)spoyser Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 00:06)Fail$tyle420 Wrote: Right, but could I map a button via the skin that when pressed brings up my modified menu?

Yes, that's exactly what I do in my Super Favourites addon (button mapping is done via a keymap file)

Yeah, I know about keymapping. I'm asking if it is possible to load a menu when say the Z key is pressed, regardless of keymapping. I want it to be SKIN specific.....if it's possible that is.
You can modified the DialogContextMenu.xml to show customized buttons and even hide default one on condition met.
(2015-12-24, 01:30)Fail$tyle420 Wrote:
(2015-12-24, 00:12)spoyser Wrote:

Yeah, I know about keymapping. I'm asking if it is possible to load a menu when say the Z key is pressed, regardless of keymapping. I want it to be SKIN specific.....if it's possible that is.

Yes, you still need a key mapping though.

Have the Z key run a script, in the script check if the current skin is the correct one, if so open ur custom menu.
Since keymapping support single command only you may have to use a script for that.
I can add a special mode for that in script.featherence.service

So you should keymapping to:
RunScript(script.featherence.service,,?mode=52&amp;value=<action>&amp;value2=<action>

In the skin you should edit the ContextMenu xml to show custom buttons when say:
!IsEmpty(Window(home).Property(Custom_ContextMenu))
Alright guys, thank you for the responses and I'll look more into this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Context Menu0