Harmony elite?
Does anyone have any guides for setting up a harmony elite remote to work with a mac mini and later versions of kodi?

The guide points to this thread:
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=55660

But it is horribly out of date. The newer harmony remotes don't use the harmony software anymore, but rather use an ios/android app.

I'm about to pick up a harmony elite (namely to address issues with controlling a sound system because HDMI ARC seems to not work right on my tv) and I want to make sure that it will work properly.
Grab a flirc.TV
first_time_user (wiki) | free content (wiki) | forum rules (wiki) | PVR (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)

IMPORTANT:
The official Kodi version does not contain any content what so ever. This means that you should provide your own content from a local or remote storage location, DVD, Blu-Ray or any other media carrier that you own. Additionally Kodi allows you to install third-party plugins that may provide access to content that is freely available on the official content provider website. The watching or listening of illegal or pirated content which would otherwise need to be paid for is not endorsed or approved by Team Kodi.
(2015-12-29, 05:44)bry- Wrote: Grab a flirc.TV

Any reason for the extra hardware? Is it just to simplify controlling kodi?
The internal Apple IR receiver is very limited. At least the driver is. You will only get a few buttons recognized. The core buttons + some additional playback buttons, but that's it.

However, those guides are still pretty much true still. Nothing has changed for setting up a Harmony to control OS X/Kodi.
Msarro,

I am using the Harmony Home Control which has the same hub.
I use the bluetooth connect to computer function of the Harmony Hub.
This will give not complete keyboard commands but several the remote can send.
You can map these commands to various buttons on the remote.
I then use wonderful addon Key Map Editor to map the buttons to Kodi commands.
This will give you almost total control of how Kodi interacts with the Harmony.

Simadriel
(2015-12-29, 07:56)Ned Scott Wrote: The internal Apple IR receiver is very limited. At least the driver is. You will only get a few buttons recognized. The core buttons + some additional playback buttons, but that's it.

Is this due to something the new Harmony remotes are doing? Because I have an older Harmony 880 with dozens of buttons and also soft buttons you can map, and they are all recognized through the internal Mac Mini IR receiver.
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
As far as I know, only the basic navigation buttons and playback buttons work, but things like the number pad don't work. Maybe someone created a replacement driver that supports them, or maybe my information is outdated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Harmony elite?0