Besides this fix, I also moved to the default Python JSON (or SimpleJson) module for JSON parsing. We could not do that before, because XBMC4Xbox was still on Python 2.4, but now they are on 2.7! And finally I squeezed in some channel fixes and a new Dutch local channel.
Changelog v3.5.2 - 2015-01-01
- Added: Regex matching for DataParsers
- Fixed: if a favourite is no longer compatible, remove it (Fixes #582)
- Added: reference to simplejson
- Changed: JSON changes in channels
- Fixed: minor performance increase using json
- Changed: used built-in json parsers (and fallback if not present)
- Changed: set 'Disabled' value in the add-on settings instead of None or 0.
- Added: Omroep Flevoland (Fixes #486)
- Fixed: Canvas HTML in description
- Fixed: AT5 broke due to site changes
- Fixed: L1 channel not playing items
- Fixed: RTV NH not listing all items
- Fixed: Search NPO using the website (not mobile) so we get more results (Fixes #547)
Information on how to install this addon/script/plugin can be found on the installation page.
If you encounter any issues, please let me know using the Issue List on the BitBucket page of XOT (https://bitbucket.org/basrieter/xbmc-online-tv/issues). Please attach a complete logfile (xot.log or xotplugin.log).
RTL & DRM
RTL is using DRM (Digital Rights Management) protection on most popular programs. This is not supported by XBMC. If you try to play such a stream, it will result in a black screen with garbled images and the constant caching of the stream. I cannot fix this from within the addon. There is however a iRTL channel available in XOT-Uzg.v3 that has most of the recent programs without DRM.
The new version can be downloaded from the XOT site: http://www.rieter.net/content/xot/downloads/.
Thanks to the owner of hamans.com for giving me free bandwidth and jetbrains for providing me with a license to PyCharm Community Edition.
-=== Older Changelogs ===-
More Changelogs can be found at http://www.rieter.net/content/category/xot/changelog/