Can't access Player Controls when playing music in Aeon Nox 5
Hello,

I'm using Aeon Nox 5 on Kodi 15.2 Isengrad and when I play music from MP3 Streams I cannot access the player controls and it does not go into full screen mode. The only way to stop music is to start a movie or just close Kodi. I used to be able to control play back using the side menu but that option is no longer there. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
I might be wrong but i think you need to press "M" or the TAB button

good Luck

Raps
(2016-01-08, 01:24)Rapsody10 Wrote: I might be wrong but i think you need to press "M" or the TAB button

good Luck

Raps

Yeah that would work if I was on the computer,but I'm using it on an android box. but thanks for the reply
I guess no one knows how to help me thanks anyway
the same, cant access player from homescreen
There's no player controls anywhere except for the fullscreen windows. To get there, press back when on home screen.
I don't understand... you can customize everything in these programs but in Aeon Nox I have back completely out of my music, the app and the home screen to control the music then reopen the app and start over againHuhHuhHuh And its not just with music it is with ANY audio stream. Just doesn't seem right. I guess they never intended it to be used much for music.
(2016-10-03, 03:19)piratefilmco Wrote: I don't understand... you can customize everything in these programs but in Aeon Nox I have back completely out of my music, the app and the home screen to control the music then reopen the app and start over againHuhHuhHuh And its not just with music it is with ANY audio stream. Just doesn't seem right. I guess they never intended it to be used much for music.
You have 3 options.
1: Use tab to go fullscreen, add a keymapped button to your remote to simulate "tab" key, and you can find an Alternative keymaps for low button remotes (wiki) here which can help with customizing things like longpress.

2: Request BigNoid to add a fullscreen button to the sidemenu like I have here.

3: Mod anything you think that would help you access the music controls easier.
Thanks, I am not sure about 1. I use all the buttons on my remote while watching. 2. I tried and couldn't get the code to work. 3. would probably be the easiest way to go. I like the sidebar option the most. I've spent so much time already modding and tweaking I haven't spent anytime watching TV LOL, and yes I have more to do...
(2016-10-03, 21:12)piratefilmco Wrote: Thanks, I am not sure about 1. I use all the buttons on my remote while watching. 2. I tried and couldn't get the code to work. 3. would probably be the easiest way to go. I like the sidebar option the most. I've spent so much time already modding and tweaking I haven't spent anytime watching TV LOL, and yes I have more to do...
For 1 you can use longpress which gives you double the buttons. Like holding Left could skip or FF, basically anything you think would work during playback.

What did you try to do? If you tell me the steps or post the complete file I can take a look at what may have gone wrong. Adding a fullscreen button in MyMusicNav and MyVideoNav should be pretty straightforward and you can use my example below:
Code:
<control type="button" id="6122">
    <description>Enable fullscreen</description>
    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
    <label>$LOCALIZE[244]</label>
    <onclick>ClearProperty(MediaMenu,Home)</onclick>
    <onclick>fullscreen</onclick>
    <visible>Player.HasMedia</visible>
</control>
AHHH long press, that would be good, for the full screen I edited the MyVideoNav.xml in the 1080i folder with the following, I had found someone this worked for in a forum.

<control type="button" id="911">
<description>Go to fullscreen Playback</description>
<include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
<label>41911</label>
<onclick>fullscreen</onclick>
<visible>Player.HasMedia</visible>
</control>
That should work but the label would be empty cause 41911 isn't known. Change that to 244 and reload the skin or restart Kodi to see any changes take effect.

Where exactly did you place the button control? File, location? If you can post the whole file on pastebin, I can take a look.

Edit: Don't know how i missed the location info you gave but that would only appear in the video library so like the Movie, TV show, and episodes sections. If you want it in all sidemenus then it needs to be added in MyMusicNav for music section, MyPrograms for programs, ect...
@mikeSiLVO Yeah I was just testing it in video to see if I could get it to work first. I think I am going to go with the 1: Use tab to go fullscreen, add a keymapped button to your remote to simulate "tab" key, and you can find an Alternative keymaps for low button remotes (wiki) here which can help with customizing things like longpress. right now. the longpress will actually give me even more functionality.
Is there a way to add controls similar to confluence? I would like to go back and view other addons ect then be sbke to have the option to stop, play, or re open the add-on and use as normal. Yes pressing back will take you back to what's playing but the add-on then needs to be closed and reopened to navigate.
On Krypton version you can access the player controls via the side bar menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't access Player Controls when playing music in Aeon Nox 50