Serverwmc + Live TV buffering
I am trying to get rid of my WMC extenders. Trying to use Serverwmc and an android TV box. (M8s+)

Media Center is running on a quad core, 6 GB ram, and an SSD with a gigabit Lan connection. Using Ceton Infinitv 4 with Verizon fios. NO DRM issues. Media center is working great.

M8S+ box has 15.2 on it, a gigabit connection, 2 Gb ram and is on Lolipop.

Kodi itself runs great. PVR backend setup is fine and my guide is fine.

The issue is really only with Live TV channels that are at 1080. I get buffering every 5 seconds or so.
I adjusted the network settings a little with that easy advanced settings and it did not make much difference.
So far seems like the 720 channels have no issue. Recorded shows that are in 1080 are also fine.

I cant figure out what is causing it. I am leaning towards CPU of the M8s maybe? The media center is not taxed at all and running Live TV from a PC KODI client works fine.

Any ideas anyone? is there some other area to mess with the buffering settings? or is this something with ServerWMC? If this could get fixed my setup would be complete. Not sure where to go next....
Yeah it sounds like the android stick might not be grunts enough for the 1080i? Have you played around with the hardware decoding options or deinterlacing etc?

Have you looked into the raspberry direction? From what I understand they do handle this stuff and are quite cheap. Don't take my word for it though as I run all 3 of my Kodi clients on Intel nucs (1x i3 and 2x celeron) but obviously they are alot more expensive
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Look for advancedsettings.xml
Been messing with the advanced settings, little if any improvement. One thing I have noticed, is that some 1080 channels are ok, while some are not. Not sure how this can happen. (1080P vs i maybe?, All 720 channels work so far)

Really frustrating because I am so close....

Is there a way to display the CPU / ram / network usage while I test this?
As an experiment, have you tried pausing to build the buffer up and then seeing if it plays smooth after it is released?
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
I'm ridding mcx too. I am testing kodi on several devices and this happens to some not all. I thought it was the wifi connection issue. But from op, it sounds like the client CPU issue. Any update?
Bumping this, for reference. Was just seeing the same thing as the OP with 1080i Live TV content, and found some things that seemed to help:

Relocating the Remux folder to a folder stored on an SSD drive in the config.xml, using RemuxCustomFolderUNC (you have to share the directory and then use that network path).
Excluding the Remux folder from Windows' virus scanning.
Setting RemuxThreadPriority to Highest.
Increasing BufferDelayLiveMS (and the related BufferDelayActiveRecMS).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Serverwmc + Live TV buffering0