Newbie Questions: Video Crappy, Video Art
Trying to move from MeedIOS to Kodi, and have started to play and run into these problems - now I HAVE searched, so if I missed it, just point the proboscis in the right direction:

0. When starting: I get "URL Error: unable to connect to server" followed by "Unable to connect to Host" then"Error in artworkrotationthread: "Erno 11004 get addrinfo failed" "

2. Weather Module doesn't have daily forecasts. Even Yahoo weather has 32° and no forecasts.

3. The video player is really bad - have a large LED screen and is over-sized. Can I use ZPlayer?

4. Added 2 feeds via the RSS Editor but they do not show - also can I quicken the pace of the "crawl"?

Win7 box.

Thanks.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
Strange stuff that all seems to revolve around (at least for most of the questions) lack of an Internet connection, either a firewall is blocking, or some network trouble that requires diagnosis beyond the information you have left.

0) yup no internet.

2) needs internet to grab the info

3) Although I couldn't attest to the exact player (Zplayer) most players will work with Kodi as external players. DSplayer is touted as the best of these externals while offering full integration with the existing Kodi interface. For my part Kodi has been excellent for my system, keep in mind the gfx card is important in all this along with compatible settings.

4) needs internet to grab the info, question comes to mind here..."I quicken the pace of the "crawl"" how are you seeing a crawl without internet? Maybe there's a default local? I don't use it myself. If the speed on the crawl is too slow, I'm sure there is a message buried somewhere that tells you how to change that... My advice; turn it off.
(2016-01-14, 18:47)RBraverman Wrote: Trying to move from MeedIOS to Kodi, and have started to play and run into these problems - now I HAVE searched, so if I missed it, just point the proboscis in the right direction:

0. When starting: I get "URL Error: unable to connect to server" followed by "Unable to connect to Host" then"Error in artworkrotationthread: "Erno 11004 get addrinfo failed" "

2. Weather Module doesn't have daily forecasts. Even Yahoo weather has 32° and no forecasts.

3. The video player is really bad - have a large LED screen and is over-sized. Can I use ZPlayer?

4. Added 2 feeds via the RSS Editor but they do not show - also can I quicken the pace of the "crawl"?

Win7 box.

Thanks.

0. Disable XBMC3C (could be internet access related)

2. Use another weather add-on and setup location (could be internet access related)

3. You can use an external player

4. Check the RSS.xml URL address is valid by testing URL in a web browser, ensure correct tags in RssFeeds.xml
You can use tag: <scrollspeed></scrollspeed> to change text scroll speed in the home.xml file
(2016-01-15, 02:40)PatK Wrote: Strange stuff that all seems to revolve around (at least for most of the questions) lack of an Internet connection, either a firewall is blocking, or some network trouble that requires diagnosis beyond the information you have left.

0) yup no internet.

Yes internet connection, just hadn't setup the scrapers correctly.

(2016-01-15, 02:40)PatK Wrote: 2) needs internet to grab the info

(2016-01-15, 02:40)PatK Wrote: 3) Although I couldn't attest to the exact player (Zplayer) most players will work with Kodi as external players. DSplayer is touted as the best of these externals while offering full integration with the existing Kodi interface. For my part Kodi has been excellent for my system, keep in mind the gfx card is important in all this along with compatible settings.

But HOW do I set it up?

(2016-01-15, 02:40)PatK Wrote: 4) needs internet to grab the info, question comes to mind here..."I quicken the pace of the "crawl"" how are you seeing a crawl without internet? Maybe there's a default local? I don't use it myself. If the speed on the crawl is too slow, I'm sure there is a message buried somewhere that tells you how to change that... My advice; turn it off.

The crawl is slow - not because of lack of info, that gets updated every 15 minutes, it's how fast across the screen. I said I was a newbie - I meant a newbie to Kodi, not computers.
Core 2/Duo 3.3g, 8Gb Memory, Win7/x32, Remote Wonder stuffed into a Antec Theatre Case.
SageTV, Kodi.
(2016-01-15, 03:10)k4sh1n Wrote: [quote='RBraverman' pid='2214795' dateline='1452790051']
Trying to move from MeedIOS to Kodi, and have started to play and run into these problems - now I HAVE searched, so if I missed it, just point the proboscis in the right direction:

Win7 box.

Thanks.

(2016-01-15, 03:10)k4sh1n Wrote: 0. Disable XBMC3C (could be internet access related)

How do I do that?

(2016-01-15, 03:10)k4sh1n Wrote: 2. Use another weather add-on and setup location (could be internet access related)

Tried Yahoo and the same result, I didn't find others.

(2016-01-15, 03:10)k4sh1n Wrote: 3. You can use an external player

Will take a look tomorrow, thanks.

(2016-01-15, 03:10)k4sh1n Wrote: 4. Check the RSS.xml URL address is valid by testing URL in a web browser, ensure correct tags in RssFeeds.xml
You can use tag: <scrollspeed></scrollspeed> to change text scroll speed in the home.xml file

the scroll speed is the problem ... of course the more I think of it, I haven't seen the BBC updates ... hummmmm. BUT the scroll speed was the question.

THANKS again, will let ya know tomorrow.
SageTV, Kodi.
XBMC3C should be in program add-ons

OpenWeatherMap Extended

Weather Underground
(2016-01-15, 07:09)k4sh1n Wrote: XBMC3C should be in program add-ons

[quote='k4sh1n' pid='2215341' dateline='1452834557']OpenWeatherMap Extended

That is disabled.

I disabled Yahoo weather and re-enabled OpenWeather and got the ~URL not found error when I started the module, which leads me to believe that 's part of the start-up errors - I enabled the log, know where it is?

(2016-01-15, 07:09)k4sh1n Wrote: Weather Underground

That's no longer available - from what I've read - they withdrew the API - too bad, it looked pretty good.

***************************** update ****************************

Just found this: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=116668&page=36 - haven't got there yet, gotta take care of the basics first.

In Openweather, I entered the actual location ID, as well as the city in the settings.xml and Wham, Bam Thank you Ma'am (RIP David) it works.

Good on me, I remember something about that from Meedio - MANY years ago.

Player works - thanks to you, never saw that page, saw a lot of others that made little sense to what I wanted.

Also, got the xml feed running, wasn't enabled.

Now, when you said I could adjust the speed with " <scrollspeed></scrollspeed> to change text scroll speed in the home.xml file" I'm assuming the home.xml for the skin, AND what kind of values does it want; seconds/minutes/ms?

Now two more Q's and I'll be set:

Also, how do I change the art when I'm looking at a show. I get change/choose art, I click it, then I can browse or click on one of 4, then I start going round and round and end up right back where I was.

I need to run BeyondTV from within Kodi - Advanced Launcher take care of that, seems so, unless there's a simpler way.
SageTV, Kodi.
Debug logs -
Win key + R key:
Copy paste: %appdata%\Kodi\
Press OK, log is the text file

speed is text/seconds

For artwork use artwork.downloader add-on

Advanced Launcher is the best option AFAIK
(2016-01-16, 10:26)k4sh1n Wrote: Debug logs -
Win key + R key:
Copy paste: %appdata%\Kodi\
Press OK, log is the text file

speed is text/seconds

For artwork use artwork.downloader add-on

Advanced Launcher is the best option AFAIK

I'm going to open new threads for the external app loader and the problem I'm having with the Poster Art - seems appropriate.

You're aces and I really appreciate the time and help!
SageTV, Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie Questions: Video Crappy, Video Art0