Forum Rule Clarification
(2016-01-19, 15:59)Kib Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 18:32)misa Wrote: Illegal addons don't excist.I think there are 0 addons which contain illegal content, they all link to. So is a addon illegal?...no, don't think so

To keep it simple, in this case 'illegal' means 'not allowed on this forum'.

To keep it even more simple: Addons that facilitate accessing to copyright content are not allowed on this forumSmile
(2016-01-19, 21:30)misa Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 15:59)Kib Wrote:
(2016-01-18, 18:32)misa Wrote: Illegal addons don't excist.I think there are 0 addons which contain illegal content, they all link to. So is a addon illegal?...no, don't think so

To keep it simple, in this case 'illegal' means 'not allowed on this forum'.

To keep it even more simple: Addons that facilitate accessing to copyright content are not allowed on this forumSmile
Under that definition, the YouTube add-on is on the banned list.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
As would be iPlayer...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Sparrows Law
(2016-01-19, 21:42)nickr Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 21:30)misa Wrote:
(2016-01-19, 15:59)Kib Wrote: To keep it simple, in this case 'illegal' means 'not allowed on this forum'.

Under that definition, the YouTube add-on is on the banned list.

Just to point to the very grey area of what is allowed and not Smile
Not really. Just that your proposed simpler definition is wrong.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Since when did pirates started using Youtube to host pirated movies ... just did a search on "The Martian" and nothing relating to a full movie on youtube came up. Just trailers, reviews etc. Sure , one can "theoretically" upload a pirated movie on YT , good luck not having your video taken down via a DMCA complaint 3 hours later.
The difference is, when a copyright holder put stuff on youtube, they expect and give permission for it to be viewed via whatever methods youtube make available, including youtube's API. They are still copyright, but with licensing allowing them to be viewed online.

Studios however do not put out BluRAYs with permission to rip them and make them available online.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
It's easy to watch pirated movies or any other pirated content on Youtube, it's not rocket science to find them and play it Wink
Time to close this thread again as this topic had been discussed to death previously.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2016-01-20, 00:17)misa Wrote: It's easy to watch pirated movies or any other pirated content on Youtube, it's not rocket science to find them and play it Wink

Frankly, I think you are simply wrong about this. I know people love saying it, and it might be true for content that's old or already available for free elsewhere or people don't particularly care about, but I'd love to see pirated youtube links to full movies of all the current academy award best movie nominees that last more than 15 minutes on Youtube. I don't believe it's possible.
(2016-01-20, 00:17)misa Wrote: It's easy to watch pirated movies or any other pirated content on Youtube, it's not rocket science to find them and play it Wink

Yes, there is a grey area. However, advocating piracy through YouTube is not the way forward and breaks forum rules. Please refrain from doing so.

Policy is not going to change, repeatability complaining about it on here makes no difference.
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Forum Rule Clarification0