MQ6 Total Art
Where does this theme draw the 4 outer images in this view? I've also tried the multiplex view using "extra thumbs" view and get the 4 blank images there as well. I have an extrathumbs folder with 4 images labeled "thumb1-thumb4" already in place. Is there a specific location or naming structure to use? Thanks!
From extrafanart folder if I recall. Use Artwork Downloader program addon, if missing artwork for a movie, select movie then select Solo mode in Context menu to download all available artwork (as configured in addon) for selected movie or select gui mode to select which artwork you want downloaded.
Tried all of your suggestions with no luck...any other things I can do or check?
Well, perhaps there is no available artwork for that movie yet. Happens if the movie is not popular, too old, or too new. This view works fine with me for 90% of my movies, some artwork missing for a few but only because not popular movies. I only use Artwork Downloader. Just make sure your Artwork Downloader addon is configured properly (go to Settings, Addons, MyAddons, Programs, Artwork Downloader, Configure).
Thanks for trying to help. This is for more of a home or custom movie situation, I've uploaded the images to my extrafanart folder, and have the artwork downloader set to "local images". Strange thing is, this worked a while back when I was testing it, but now no longer works.
The extrafanart folder is automatically created by Artwork Downloader, you should not have to create it yourself and manually download artwork material (pictures) to it. Also, doing it this way means that your .nfo file and video library will not contain this fanart info and locations so Kodi will not use the artwork ... which explains why you don't see this material in your movies view. Set your Artwork Downloader to scrape from your favourite scraper (I recommend Universal), not 'from local info'. If you want to do it manually and scrape from local info you have to make sure you have the correct folder structure and filenames, ref. the Wiki. Also, make sure you have the correct access permissions to your folders so Kodi (and addons) can write to it ... I know I've been caught-out a few times with the correct folder structure implemented but could not get Kodi to behave Smile
Ok..Thanks. I just wish I remember how I got it all working last time. It has to be done manually, as these are custom videos, so they won't be listed on any scraper. I used Media Elch to add the images in, so I don't know... I'll just keep trying! I'll check the .nfo to see if it's the problem.
Oh OK. If I recall you can configure Media Elch to create Kodi compatible .nfo files for you, then scrape local in Kodi. The alternative is to manually edit the video library database ... but that would be a lot of tedious work if you have many custom videos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MQ6 Total Art0