• 6(current)
Release cdART Manager Script "NG"
This is a PS question, but since other users might face the same issue in correlation with this script, i'll post it here.

So i'm trying to create cdart that is missing from fanart.tv and similar sites.
Since i don't have a scanner anymore, i rely on freecovers.net and allcdcovers.com for cd scans, which i then convert into transparent cdart.

I'm using the PS template posted in the original cdART manager thread/on fanart.tv:
https://fanart.tv/tutorials/create-a-cda...photoshop/

My issue:
all done excepet for the centre hole.

Quote:Step 4: The centre hole may need a slight adjustment if it does not fully cover your cd scan. Select the Vector Mask Thumbnail of the layer folder which your scan has been placed.

Next, select the Path Selection Tool from the left-hand tools palette and click on the path of the centre hole mask. Again, using Ctrl+T resize the path (ensuring that you hold Ctrl+Alt whilst dragging) so that it completely covers the centre hole in your scan.

This is always the result.
The centre hole is adjusted, but the white drags out over the edge of the cd.
What am i doing wrong?
I noticed a bug when using CdArt manager

- the script doesn't run when the path to Kodi add-ons installation folder contains an accent.

This problem should'nt be encountered a lot, but just so you know :

Original path to Kodi/Addons folder (in Windows) is :
C:/User/*UserName*/AppData/Roaming/Kodi/addons

I redirected the content of the «Roaming» folder, to a folder on a different hard drive in order to «releive» my SSD hard drive. The new path was :
D:/AppData_redirigé/Roaming/Kodi/addons

Installing CdArt was OK, but using it gave me an error related to a unicode character. I immediately suspected the «é» in the path. So, I change it to :
D:/AppData_redir/Roaming/Kodi/addons

After a reinstall, CdArt worked like a charm.

I personnaly think that your script should'nt be affected by characters in a path, since you never know where people can redirect folders. I tried to give a log example, but it was «buried» after a few Kodi restart.

Excuse my English, since I'm a French speaking person.
I got all my art downloaded to local folders but I can't seem to figure out how to apply that music to my artists/albums?

I use PlexKodiConnect in direct mode so this all should work as normal but it seems to still just be using my Plex imported images.

I am trying to use Artist Slideshow but I cannot get it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?
Hey Jojomick, thanks for the heads up! Unicode handling in python is a pain (for me), but I'll keep that in mind.
The elder among us (like me...) avoid accents and umlauts in their usernames since Windows 95 but I think it's not good to rely on this Smile

No excuses, my English is even worse since I'm a German speaking person Wink
(2016-08-03, 06:40)NewYears1978 Wrote: I got all my art downloaded to local folders but I can't seem to figure out how to apply that music to my artists/albums?

I use PlexKodiConnect in direct mode so this all should work as normal but it seems to still just be using my Plex imported images.

I am trying to use Artist Slideshow but I cannot get it to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

I have this same question.

This app found all this nice art but how do I see it outside of the app? My library still show lots of old low-rez art or no art at all if the scrapers couldn't get anything.

I'm using Aeon MQ5 on Kodi 16.1.
(2016-07-19, 13:34)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: This is a PS question, but since other users might face the same issue in correlation with this script, i'll post it here.

So i'm trying to create cdart that is missing from fanart.tv and similar sites.
Since i don't have a scanner anymore, i rely on freecovers.net and allcdcovers.com for cd scans, which i then convert into transparent cdart.

I'm using the PS template posted in the original cdART manager thread/on fanart.tv:
https://fanart.tv/tutorials/create-a-cda...photoshop/

My issue:
all done excepet for the centre hole.

Quote:Step 4: The centre hole may need a slight adjustment if it does not fully cover your cd scan. Select the Vector Mask Thumbnail of the layer folder which your scan has been placed.

Next, select the Path Selection Tool from the left-hand tools palette and click on the path of the centre hole mask. Again, using Ctrl+T resize the path (ensuring that you hold Ctrl+Alt whilst dragging) so that it completely covers the centre hole in your scan.

This is always the result.
What am i doing wrong?

All fanart.tv cdART submissions must be 1000*1000 pixels, so you need to make sure your downloaded artwork is this size (and sometimes slightly larger) to fit with the template. Even then, be prepared for the fact you will have to 'ditch' the center section of the scanned / downloaded image and use what's provided in the template as a substitute. Also, sometimes CD images found online are not perfectly 'round' and occasionally need to be resized to make them so, before processing in the template.

As a rule, with Paint Shop Pro, I do a 'Magic Select' on the outer ring from the template, once my CD image is roughly equal size to the template, then cut out anything that falls outside that outer ring on the layer containing the imported image with a +2 / -2 pixel selection modification to get rid of any leftover edges. The edge aliasing can then be hidden under the outer-ring of the template with this method.

I also place / import the image to be processed as an individual layer below the 'Split Ring' layer, but above the underlay type layers (Inner Ring, etc.)

TBH, If the images you are downloading are sub-1000 pixels square, don't bother submitting to fanart.tv unless the output quality looks top-notch. They are pretty strict on their submission quality / dimensions rules, so if your source material isn't up there with that kind of quality to begin with, likelihood is your submissions may be rejected.
(2016-07-19, 13:34)VelvetKevorkian Wrote:

What am i doing wrong?

Just in case you haven't found a solution or others find this:
You're missing the "Path Selection Tool from the left-hand tools palette and click on the path of the centre hole mask" step.
It's the "Black arrow with white outlines" Tool. But you should use Shift-Alt instead of Ctrl-Alt to resize.
pezcore350, could you try another skin which supports Artwork and Jarvis (e.g. MQ6)? I believe it might be a problem with the skin.
First things first: thanks for keeping up with this stef.an. I've been a CDAM user for years and would hate to see this disappear.

I'm using 4.1.0 and it's been working as it should, except now I'm noticing artwork saved in "funny" folders. I don't know how long this had been going on BTW, I just noticed it. I also fully tag my files with Jaikoz, including all the MBIDs/ReleaseIDs/etc, before putting them in Kodi.

It is saving folders with names from somewhere else, I haven't checked, but I assume MB.

"Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers" vs
"Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers"

Run-D.M.C. - with that last period. Fixed with character replacement.

Other random and blatant mispellings.

Before, CDAM would save the art back to the same music folders that it scanned. Now I'm getting all these small dupe folders everywhere. Is there a setting to enable this again?
Just tested this with Kodi version 17 Krypton and it works perfectly. Great work!

I would still like to see TheAudioDB support though, there are many logo's and banners which are on there but not accepted on fanart.tv

Thanks again!
Hi,
thanks for testing it on Krypton - for what I've read there are not that many changes in the API but nothing's better than a real life test.

Meanwhile the wheather here in .de is getting cold, dark and rainy - which is bad for skydiving but good for coding! Maybe I'll find the time to take a deeper look at TADB. I'll have to clean the code first to fully understand what's going on but I also think it's worth a try!

@dkoh
I also have these "mispellings" but afaik it always saved artist's fanart to a folder with the artists MB name, disc art in contrast is always saved to the disc's directory (because Kodi requires it here).
I'm on 4.1.0 from official repo
I dont have "Build Database in Background" in extra settings
how do I get that and enable background update
I have a huge music library and it usually takes 2-3 days for update...
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Quote:@dkoh
I also have these "mispellings" but afaik it always saved artist's fanart to a folder with the artists MB name, disc art in contrast is always saved to the disc's directory (because Kodi requires it here).

I don't know when it started as I only run CDAM a few times a year, but I can assure you this didn't always happen. I've been using it for years and this is the first time I've seen it. And it's noticeable; Among the things I pointed out above, I don't use "The" in folder names. All of a sudden I have a few hundred "The..." folders containing a couple hundred kb each.

Thanks
Great read. One of the best I've found on the use of CDAM. The Wiki is severely lacking.

Now if I can just figure out how to give Kodi on my AFTV permission to write to the AFTV SDCard or my NFS share on my ReadyNAS. Wink
(2016-11-28, 20:57)muzicman61 Wrote: Great read. One of the best I've found on the use of CDAM. The Wiki is severely lacking.

Now if I can just figure out how to give Kodi on my AFTV permission to write to the AFTV SDCard or my NFS share on my ReadyNAS. Wink

pretty old post, but there is a how to in the comments
http://www.aftvnews.com/some-apps-like-k...fire-os-5/

(i just googled and hit the first link if its old new dont blame me Big Grin)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
cdART Manager Script "NG"2