Linux Metadata for music
Hi,
sorry for my bad english

How can i receive array with data e.g. artistName, albunName, trackName, thumbnail(whole image)... for music list? The best for me via python script or jsonrpc.
I'm trying send this information by json to another device. The only one thing which i need is list with this metadata. Is there any way?
you can use jsonrpc to receive a list of all the songs (including metadata) in your music library:
http://kodi.wiki/view/JSON-RPC_API/v6#Au...y.GetSongs
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks a lot. This information where needed.

But I have another one question to this case, whether thumbnail value "image://music@special%3a%2f%2fprofile%2fplaylists%2fmusic%2fnode%2fsongName%20-%20Song.mp3/" can be saved as png/jpg or bmp file? I need to send readable/executable images too.

I use:
Code:
response = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "AudioLibrary.GetSongs", "params": { "limits": { "start" : 0, "end": 25 }, "properties": ["artist", "album", "title", "file", "thumbnail"], "sort": { "order": "ascending", "method": "sorttitle", "ignorearticle": false } }, "id": "libSongs"}')
Is there any options to save music's thumbnail to file?
Any suggestion?
Can't you get a path to the thumbnail from the json response?
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server
(2016-01-28, 11:22)el_Paraguayo Wrote: Can't you get a path to the thumbnail from the json response?

i'm getting "image://music@special%3a%2f%2fprofile%2fplaylists%2fmusic%2fnode%2fsongName%20-%20Song.mp3/" but i can't display image or save it, even xbmc.translatePath() returns an error
You should be able to display it. Perhaps you need an $ESCINFO somewhere. Display is working for me on windows.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Metadata for music0