Bluetooth Everything
Kodi Pairs, Trusts, but never connects to the A2DP service. With the OSMC version of Kodi, there is no X11 running. So doing every little step is on Kodi. And as I understand it, OSMC and Kodi are tight partners, they essentially made a complete OS to compete with the Roku stick (with rather cheap hardware). Need more apps though. Smile
Or at the very least, it is not providing enough control over where to send audio to.
OSMC's A2DP streaming is experimental, and the test thread I created clearly states that.

When you have issues streaming you need to provide logs, let us know the dongle you're using (dmesg), and if possible try another dongle. It also helps to know which device you're streaming from, as some differ in AVRCP implementation.

You don't pair or trust in Kodi at all. OSMC has a Kodi add-on that is doing this withthe network manager via DBus.

You should read the official testing thread and follow that. I'm not sure that you've actually installed the experimental a2dp-app-osmc via SSH. If you haven't done this, you'll never get A2DP working.

This is not Kodi's job. It's not an application's role to control the networking stack in such a way.
Here is the thread (if you have missed it):

https://discourse.osmc.tv/t/testing-blue...-a2dp/9116

The next steps are introducing BTPlayer which hooks A2DP events so we can get playback information and controls in Kodi as if Kodi was receiving the stream itself.
Thanks for clarifying, Sam.
(2016-01-23, 12:22)Nightness Wrote: Kodi Pairs, Trusts, but never connects to the A2DP service. With the OSMC version of Kodi, there is no X11 running. So doing every little step is on Kodi. And as I understand it, OSMC and Kodi are tight partners, they essentially made a complete OS to compete with the Roku stick (with rather cheap hardware). Need more apps though. Smile

OSMC is nothing to do with us, it's a debian based OS made by Sam that uses Kodi as it's primary application. Something like bluetooth is handled by the OS and not the Kodi application, all Sam is doing is providing an addon to provide easy access to the underlying settings for the debian OS layer.
(2016-01-23, 12:17)Nightness Wrote: 3D is a gimmick, there are actually only 2D's in real life (plus time)

It's a profitable gimmick though. I work at a company that does the conversion of 2D films to 3D. Which is the reason why I needed some passive 3D glasses, I wanted something more comfortable than the ones we stock at work if I'm going to be wearing 3D glasses up to 72hrs a week. Tongue
(2016-01-23, 12:17)Nightness Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 03:24)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Best Buy is weird. I went in one day to buy a comfortable pair of 3D Glasses, the clerk seemed very confused after asking what model of 3D TV I have and I said 'No, I don't own any 3D displays'. He then suggested I buy a 3D TV and seemed more confused when I explained 'No, I think 3D is aweful'. Dude, just sell me the glasses. D:

3D is a gimmick, there are actually only 2D's in real life (plus time)

I don't derail threads usually, but this is very concerning.

Are we all just going to skip past this guy saying there are only TWO dimensions in real life? HuhHuh How many dimensions do you think a straight line is?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_the...dimensions

You don't exactly need basic understanding of math and physics to clean "goo" out of keyboards at Best Buy.

Ontopic : Bluetooth would be "everything" if it were 2010 again. It's 2016 and we created better protocols for streaming music from a phone to a media-player. AirPlay, Google Cast, Miracast, DLNA etc. . Kodi supports Airplay and DLNA for example.
(2016-01-24, 17:16)ilovethakush Wrote:
(2016-01-23, 12:17)Nightness Wrote:
(2016-01-22, 03:24)DJ_Izumi Wrote: Best Buy is weird. I went in one day to buy a comfortable pair of 3D Glasses, the clerk seemed very confused after asking what model of 3D TV I have and I said 'No, I don't own any 3D displays'. He then suggested I buy a 3D TV and seemed more confused when I explained 'No, I think 3D is aweful'. Dude, just sell me the glasses. D:

3D is a gimmick, there are actually only 2D's in real life (plus time)

I don't derail threads usually, but this is very concerning.

Are we all just going to skip past this guy saying there are only TWO dimensions in real life? HuhHuh How many dimensions do you think a straight line is?

That was a joke. Maybe too settle for some of you. Tongue
(2016-01-24, 19:28)Soulbind Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_the...dimensions

You don't exactly need basic understanding of math and physics to clean "goo" out of keyboards at Best Buy.

Ontopic : Bluetooth would be "everything" if it were 2010 again. It's 2016 and we created better protocols for streaming music from a phone to a media-player. AirPlay, Google Cast, Miracast, DLNA etc. . Kodi supports Airplay and DLNA for example.

Keyboards don't get cleaned, your lucky that place gets vacuumed, wiped down, and dusted, it's huge (same goes for Walmarts)! They would get cleaned if they accumulated "goo". And while you might be able to pick out your own computer, most people can't, 85% want help, 65% ask for help! And we know a hell of a lot more than ANY other tech store and have geek squad backing up us. Get that service at Walmart!
(2016-02-09, 08:15)Nightness Wrote:
(2016-01-24, 19:28)Soulbind Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_the...dimensions

Keyboards don't get cleaned, your lucky that place gets vacuumed, wiped down, and dusted, it's huge (same goes for Walmarts)! They would get cleaned if they accumulated "goo". And while you might be able to pick out your own computer, most people can't, 85% want help, 65% ask for help! And we know a hell of a lot more than ANY other tech store and have geek squad backing up us. Get that service at Walmart!

I don't even work there anymore, but the truth is the truth, most of you don't know anything about Best Buy, or computers, or TV's for that matter. You think you do, it costs more, so it's better, right? WRONG! If you have not entered a Best Buy in 3 years, you should, they are NOT the same company.
Back on topic, Kodi's future is with the OSMC distro. I love Kodi on my Raspberry Pi 2. I'm not talking about this anymore here, now that I know the Bluetooth part of Kodi is an OSMC addon provided by OSMC. I'll bug them. (Lock Post Please)

Really? Where do you buy Google Cast or Miracast headphones or speakers these days? AirPort Express makes any wired headphone or speaker an AirPlay speaker, but that's two devices doing one thing (some bonuses, mostly disadvantages).
(2016-02-09, 08:35)Nightness Wrote:

Really? Where do you buy Google Cast or Miracast headphones or speakers these days?
Today the Chromecast Audio dongle is the only audio reciever device, however Google has just recently announced that it will allow the Google Cast for speakers (and reciever) audio transport protocol to be used by third-parties for integration into speakers and receivers.

Read: http://officialandroid.blogspot.co.uk/20...id-tv.html

Multi-room support is the main advantage over bluetooth, but Google Cast for audio also offers better audio quality and longer range with WiFi network as transporters.

"Google Cast for speakers

Google Cast, the same technology built into Chromecast, is now embedded directly into speakers, sound bars, and A/V receivers so you can cast music from your favorite app on your phone or any music streaming website on Chrome. Throughout 2016, you’ll be able to enjoy Google Cast speakers from B&O Play, Harman Kardon, Onkyo, Philips, Pioneer, and Raumfeld. Sony and LG, who were among the first to include Google Cast in their speakers, are also refreshing their speaker lineups. Cast-enabled software and hardware from Frontier Silicon and StreamUnlimited will make it easier for more audio companies to join the Google Cast family.

Recently, we announced that multi-room synchronization is available on Chromecast Audio. Multi-room sync lets you group speakers connected to Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song throughout the house. In 2016, multi-room sync functionality will come to Google Cast speakers, allowing you to mix and match Cast-enabled speakers from your favorite brands with speakers connected to Chromecast Audio.
"

EDIT: I did not write this comment to put down Bluetooth, however I just recently bought four Chromecast Audio dongles for my home to use with Spotify and multi-room sync function is excellt and together with the ease of first time setup (which could not have been much easier) Google Cast for audio is absolutly awesome!

Bluetooth is great for input periphials like remotes, and might be good 'on-the-go' with portable speakers, though at home where Kodi belong wires or WiFi is the king for audio, not Bluetooth. I for one will still use Bluetooth away from home with my existing portable Bluetooth speakers (shout out to NudeAudio), but at home I from now on will only use WiFi based products.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bluetooth Everything0