• 46(current)
v17 Shield ATV - Krypton (pre) Alpha 1 PT audio issues & Test Builds
Jarvis: No passthrough API, everything tunneled via PCM
Jarvis Koying: RAW implementation
Krypton: RAW Implementation

The RAW implementations use a "preliminary, buggy" nvidia backport of android v23 passthrough API. It is only supported on the shield, broken especially while seeking, it introduces a "drrrr" noise, sounds a bit like a machine gun. Version 6 of Android firmware for the shield has this resolved.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2016-02-06, 22:32)fritsch Wrote: Jarvis: No passthrough API, everything tunneled via PCM
Jarvis Koying: RAW implementation
Krypton: RAW Implementation

The RAW implementations use a "preliminary, buggy" nvidia backport of android v23 passthrough API. It is only supported on the shield, broken especially while seeking, it introduces a "drrrr" noise, sounds a bit like a machine gun. Version 6 of Android firmware for the shield has this resolved.

Thank you very much.

So am i right to assume that when using Jarvis I am not actually receiving true DTS even though my amplifier says it is DTS?

Also does it look like the auto frame rate switching is working correctly in the logs?

I can see

Code:
20:26:02 T:18446744071727761408  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1808, pheight: 1088, dwidth: 1794, dheight: 1080
20:26:02 T:18446744071727761408  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (20) (weight: 0.000)

But cannot tell if it is playing at 23.976 or 23.98 and if this is correct or not. Thanks again.
It is "true dts". But it sends it via PCM and the AVR picks it - it's perfectly fine. This is the same way as linux does it, too for example.

Nvidia / Android added a new API for Android6 to have AC3, DTS, EAC3, DTSHD support, but "totally" different. While all other implementations want IEC frames, Android wants the raw payload to pack that itself. We currently got the best of the API that is possible - which is - not perfect. With v6 it is getting better, at least the drr sound is gone and some other TrueHD issues are fixed.

When do you get the "crackle"? On Seek? Startup?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
What does fritsch-simplify-038f3e7 do? Smile
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
(2016-02-06, 23:03)fritsch Wrote: It is "true dts". But it sends it via PCM and the AVR picks it - it's perfectly fine. This is the same way as linux does it, too for example.

Nvidia / Android added a new API for Android6 to have AC3, DTS, EAC3, DTSHD support, but "totally" different. While all other implementations want IEC frames, Android wants the raw payload to pack that itself. We currently got the best of the API that is possible - which is - not perfect. With v6 it is getting better, at least the drr sound is gone and some other TrueHD issues are fixed.

When do you get the "crackle"? On Seek? Startup?

Only on seek. On startup sonud if perfectly fine, no buzz but it is out of sync. When i seek i get the buzz and then the lips sync with the sound.

Did you see my addiditon to the post above

"Also does it look like the auto frame rate switching is working correctly in the logs?

I can see

Code:
20:26:02 T:18446744071727761408  NOTICE:  fps: 23.976024, pwidth: 1808, pheight: 1088, dwidth: 1794, dheight: 1080
20:26:02 T:18446744071727761408  NOTICE: Display resolution ADJUST : 1920x1080 @ 23.98 - Full Screen (20) (weight: 0.000)

But cannot tell if it is playing at 23.976 or 23.98 and if this is correct or not. Thanks again."

You replied soon after i edited so did now know if you saw it.
Jo that is correct, but "Adjust Refreshrate to match video" is also not working very well currently, basically it is causing this delay on startup. I wrote several times in this thread: Don't use it as of now.

Best to use currently:
- Disable Adjust Refreshrate
- Don't seek :-)

To be honest: I would recommend to disable passthrough for now. Nvidia's new firmware has that stuff fixed (at least the drrr noise on seek). PCM is perfectly fine, especially if you have an AVR that can cope with multichannel. So basically your issues are known and no one can do anything about it :-)
(2016-02-06, 23:09)danjames92 Wrote: What does fritsch-simplify-038f3e7 do? Smile

It cleans up a bit of code to make it better readable: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/038f...22b9c090de

I prepare the groundwork for AMLogic integration.
(2016-02-06, 20:56)Tinwarble Wrote: kodi-20160206-ee1f43f-androidtest2-armeabi-v7a.apk

TrueHD (Atmos) is the only thing I'm seeing any problems with. It is out of sync but goes back in sync after skipping forward/back.

Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) log: http://xbmclogs.com/pz0bwstcj

Test file: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/5gxp3wv6m...D_test.mkv

Can you estimate "roughly" how much it was out of sync? As the logfile looks much too good, only a minimal difference (< 20 ms) between estimation and real value.
(2016-02-06, 21:12)wesk05 Wrote:
(2016-02-06, 20:56)Tinwarble Wrote: kodi-20160206-ee1f43f-androidtest2-armeabi-v7a.apk
TrueHD (Atmos) is the only thing I'm seeing any problems with. It is out of sync but goes back in sync after skipping forward/back.
Looks like you had refresh rate switching turned on. It is a known issue. You have to do a seek to get rid of the lipsync error.

While you are at it, can you please check whether you get the PCM sound issue that I have reported?
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2233478

Yep, I was aware. But this is the first that I've had a chance to do any testing so I thought I would report my "only" apparent issue. Wink I have been keeping up with the goings on of this thread though.

I'll test to see if I can duplicate the PCM issue you're having just as soon as I can.

(2016-02-07, 09:46)fritsch Wrote:

Dolby TrueHD (Atmos) log: http://xbmclogs.com/pz0bwstcj

Test file: http://www.mediafire.com/watch/5gxp3wv6m...D_test.mkv

Can you estimate "roughly" how much it was out of sync? As the logfile looks much too good, only a minimal difference (< 20 ms) between estimation and real value.

I should clarify first. Everything is actually out of sync for me at "0" offset and I have to use the same .175s offset (delay) on the SATV that I use for my Chromebox. I consider this to be fairly "normal" for my setup when using Kodi, even when not using pass-through.

That said, TrueHD (Atmos) seems to be about double that, so somewhere between .150s to .200s more than every other format.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here is a new build for you, this time you can check if passthrough is still working and afterwards, please disable Passthrough see if LPCM 5.1 / 7.1 is still working nicely.

Thanks much: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk

I tested the LPCM part an my wetek core and I liked it, but want to have a second opinion.
I'm on Jarvis RC3 and using the emby addon with direct links enabled. It seems to work with multichannel fine. I have a Sony HT‑ST7 Sound Bar System. However i'm having an issue where sometimes i get buzzing or an echo sound with certain sounds changing to the "music" setting on my soundbar seems to help that but it reduces the bass. Any assistance with this would be great. I'm using a mix of x265 and x264 formats most are extremely high quality. i have the 500GB nvidia shield and connected via gigabit ethernet. Movies are stored on a NAS. I do have adjust refresh rate on but it doesnt appear to be working. Do we know when marshmellow is coming out? I have this hooked up to a 4k tv. Sony XBR65X800B. The Shield is connected directly to the TV and setup to passthrough. Not to the device directly because it doesnt support 4k 60fps passthrough but the tv does. So any advice would be appreciated for optimizations.
The DRRR sound is a firmware bug. And this thread is for Krypton only, not Jarvis.
AppleTV 4K, LG 65E6 OLED TV, Marantz NR1606, Harmony Elite
(2016-02-07, 20:47)Tdunk Wrote: I'm on Jarvis RC3 and using the emby addon with direct links enabled. It seems to work with multichannel fine. I have a Sony HT‑ST7 Sound Bar System. However i'm having an issue where sometimes i get buzzing or an echo sound with certain sounds changing to the "music" setting on my soundbar seems to help that but it reduces the bass. Any assistance with this would be great. I'm using a mix of x265 and x264 formats most are extremely high quality. i have the 500GB nvidia shield and connected via gigabit ethernet. Movies are stored on a NAS. I do have adjust refresh rate on but it doesnt appear to be working. Do we know when marshmellow is coming out? I have this hooked up to a 4k tv. Sony XBR65X800B. The Shield is connected directly to the TV and setup to passthrough. Not to the device directly because it doesnt support 4k 60fps passthrough but the tv does. So any advice would be appreciated for optimizations.

You are in the wrong thread. This is kodi v17 krypton based. Have a look in the other sticky topic.
(2016-02-07, 20:56)fritsch Wrote:
(2016-02-07, 20:47)Tdunk Wrote: I'm on Jarvis RC3 and using the emby addon with direct links enabled. It seems to work with multichannel fine. I have a Sony HT‑ST7 Sound Bar System. However i'm having an issue where sometimes i get buzzing or an echo sound with certain sounds changing to the "music" setting on my soundbar seems to help that but it reduces the bass. Any assistance with this would be great. I'm using a mix of x265 and x264 formats most are extremely high quality. i have the 500GB nvidia shield and connected via gigabit ethernet. Movies are stored on a NAS. I do have adjust refresh rate on but it doesnt appear to be working. Do we know when marshmellow is coming out? I have this hooked up to a 4k tv. Sony XBR65X800B. The Shield is connected directly to the TV and setup to passthrough. Not to the device directly because it doesnt support 4k 60fps passthrough but the tv does. So any advice would be appreciated for optimizations.

You are in the wrong thread. This is kodi v17 krypton based. Have a look in the other sticky topic.

Which build you want testing? Disappointing seeing no one attempting to.

This on SHIELD TV fritsch-martijn-shield-658f001?
Mac Mini (2.7GHz, Late 2012, Windows 10, Kodi DSPlayer) | SATV 16GB | Panasonic TX-P50GT50B | Yamaha RX-V675 | Q Acoustics 2010i (FL, FR, Left S, Right S), Q2000ci Center, Q2070si Sub
We are mainly done with the shield. Just working out with Martijn if we could get the Speaker Layout correctly. I have some ideas :-)
  • 46(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield ATV - Krypton (pre) Alpha 1 PT audio issues & Test Builds2