How is the Downloads count calculated for add-ons on the kodi.tv website?
I wasn't sure where to ask this, so please let me know if I should move it.

2 years ago I published this picture add-on. I remember checking it a while after publishing, and it only had a very small amount of downloads, something like less than 100. I haven't kept up with Kodi or my add-on since then, but I was curious and finally checked the download count after 2 years, and now it has almost 180,000 downloads. I find it hard to believe that this simple add-on would be downloaded that much. If you Google it, you won't find anybody talking about it. I've never had any issues or pull requests reported in that time either, which I guess is possible, but maybe not so likely with that many downloads.

So my questions are: Does anyone know how these download counts are calculated? Are they accurate? Could my add-on have been added to some sort of package that adds towards the count?

Thanks!
(2022-09-18, 03:00)macica2 Wrote: So my questions are: Does anyone know how these download counts are calculated?
Hmm, the website does say 179030 downloads, but checking Mirrorbits, the download count is only 3,697
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/stats?downloadst...-1.0.1.zip

@pkscout one for you?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The stats link you are using resets every year.  The web page keeps track of the downloads for the entire existence of the current version of the given add-on.  So the only time the web site one resets is when a new version is uploaded.  That's likely the difference, especially for add-ons that haven't been updated in a long time.

BTW, I hate tracking the download stats.  There isn't a really good way to do it, so I'm sure some of the download information on the web page isn't completely accurate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How is the Downloads count calculated for add-ons on the kodi.tv website?0