NFO Creater
I'm trying to find a quick way to create NFO files for movies that are an alternative cut. right now every time I add an alternative cut I have to dump everything to NFO files and then edit the title name of the specific movie and copy it to the movie folder

I know there's a couple full featured media manger out there that create NFO's but looking for something CLI or simpler that I can script in or run only on the target file or "staging area"

Any thoughts?
Welcome to the forum. Alternate cuts will likely need intervention as TMDB and IMDB don't generally recognize them.
Avatar vs Avatar Extended edition are the same movie.
X-Men: Days of Future Past vs X-Men: Days of Future Past Rogue Cut are on IMDB as the same. Rogue Cut just shows as an alternate title.

Just...scrape the movie. Change the Cover and background so you know it's different visually and Slap a quick NFO change to the Title and maybe a few seconds to the description. It takes like...30 seconds. Ember Media Manager allows this. Media Companion allows this. Take your pick I favor Media Companion for easy changes.
Thanks! I'll check those out. I was looking for something command line and that can be run on demand on specific files, beyond the cli part it looks like media companion will work, just need to have a staging folder before sending to my target forlder. was looking into the amc.groovy and artwork.tmdb.groovy. the artwork one seems to be the slimiest package one but maybe im missing a switch, seems only todo one movie in a folder and everything is called movie.* and not the input filename. im just looking for the nfo and kodi scrapes the rest.

and to clarify the step you mentioned about is basically what I'm doing

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFO Creater0