Panasonic TV's and KODI??
Hi Guys,

I've just bought a Panasonic TX-50CX700b 4K Smart 3D TV and my mate who has a new SONY TV has been waxing lyrical about the KODI app that he has downloaded and configured for his SAONY. I tried to find the KODI app on my apps the other day to no effect. the Panasonic runs on Firefox, just wondered if anyone has or knows anyone with a panasonic Smart TV that has the KODI app downloaded, and if so what would i need to do?

Failing that can anyone recommend a good KODI box?

Cheers

BurrooNod
His Sony will be running Android - there's an android port of kodi, there isn't a port for firefox.
You need a box.

Best thing is to spend a while reading in the hardware section - the best option for you will depend on budget, what you want to access, what you want to play etc.
to add, I have a serious problem in seeing any reasonable future for the Firefox OS as a Smart TV platform... maybe really think about getting rid of the Panasonic, or go the route for a proper Android box, maybe even Shield TV or at least Amazon Fire TV.
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Yep. I read Mozilla has put the Firefox OS at the lowest priority.
Dead-end...
then again I have a serious problem in seeing any reasonable future for Android as a Smart TV platform if Google and the manufacturers don't get their shit together for the upcoming 6.0 releases... but that's another topic....
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
Whereas my chromebox works on any tv with an hdmi port, and will work on any tv I buy in the foreseeable future.

IMHO tying your media software to your tv os is a mistake. I expect a tv to last 5 years or more. I spend something like $3k on my lounge tv. I spend $200 on a chromebox. I can change the kodi box for relatively small change, switch to android or windows if something forces that.

And yes tvs and so on are more expensive in NZ.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Yeah. The whole "smart tv" concept is a fraud.
But hey, as long as common people fall for it...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Panasonic TV's and KODI??0