can't change language and can't find movie file
hello,

i reinstalled kodi because i had a problem with my kodi helix. So i installed using disk img by the official website. I have an raspberry pi2, and i installed correctly and i am now on openelec 6.0.1 and kodi 15.2. Now the problem is i can't change the languages, it's only on english ? And yes i tried to look to the map my add-ons -> languages, but there is only one language and that's english.
Second problem is: when i added my movies through NAS. I selected movies and sync my library and everything ok i can see it on the video files, but there should be also a MOVIES directory on my homepage, like pictures, videos, MOVIES, music, programs. But it's not there ? I have searched everywhere but can't find anything about it.
Could it be that the openelec 6.0.1 is a beta version and that i can't use all the settings ?
I mean the 6.0.1 should be the final version wright ?
6.0.1 is the final version, yes.

1. Not sure if this is how it works in Kodi 15.2 (long time since I used it), but have you gone to Add-ons > Install from repository > Kodi Add-on repository > Look and feel > Languages, where you should be able to install your language

2. Can't tell you without a full debug log (wiki) (uploaded to a paste site such as pastebin.com, xbmclogs.com), showing the system details and the library scan - presumably something went wrong, possibly database creation.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
There is a note on the main page of the forum, saying:

Quote:We are currently experiencing difficulties with Kodi and Add-on downloads. Please be patient while we're trying to resolve the issue.

So that might be the reason why you don't see any additional addons for the moment.

for the 2nd...did you add the share as a source and let kodi scrape the info? What are your scraper settings (screenshot maybe)?

If you don't set up a scraper and kodi won't scrape, the "movies" menu will _not_ appear.
The note is gone. Try to install the language addon again.
Hello I've got the same problem as Mike.

I'm a first time user and installed the last version of openelec (6.0.1, kodi 15.2) for raspberry pi2
I can only choose english language and i wish to install french.
I tried to look into the addons and update them, but i'm stucked at Add-ons > Install from repository > Kodi Add-on repository
Nothing happens when I click on Kodi Add-on repository

Do you have any other ideas?
Debug Log
Last time I do a re install of Opelec 6.00 and with the first boot I can not change the language.
So restart my Pi2 and then it was busy to update some things after I can change the language :S
They should have still exprience problems with the repo as this morning I was able to access it and download the french langauge files.

So 1st problem solved, thanks for the help.

But I still have a problem for the keyboard layaout, french azerty is not available in the settings (I've chose lithunanian azerty for the moment but it's not quite right).
I searched the repo for "keyboard" and "clavier" but found nothing, do you know where I can find other keybords layout?
They french keyboardlayout seems not to exist:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/tree/master...ardlayouts

On a normal (non 'read-only') system it wouldn't be a hard deal to customize one of those xml files to match the layout you want. On my ubuntu system the files are under: /usr/local/share/kodi/system/keyboardlayouts/'country'.xml

The layout of those files are pretty simple. But I don't know how to customize those files if you don't have write permissions to them. There are some workarounds for config files in openelec putting them in the .config folder. But that won't work for those xml files, I guess.

But maybe you know more than me in that case and I pointed you to a right direction Wink
Does this keyboard layout matches your wishes?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AZERTY#/me...France.svg

I could build one of those files and make a PR for kodi on github. Maybe it will find its way to openelec, too
I made a PR for that:

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/9020
Hi, it seems ok for me.

Thanks for your help and your time.

According to this : http://trac.kodi.tv/ticket/16544 (answer to your PR), you can easily add a keyboard layout in the Kodi/system/keyboardlayouts/ directory
Yes I know that and I have written that in my posting above Wink. But you can't do that on OpenELEC. As this part should be 'read-only' AFAIK.

But I didn't know about the ticket on trac. Let's see what they think might be best for Kodi Wink
Oh my bad, I didn't understand that you were saying the same thing oO

Can't you access to this directory through SSH?
I will try later as I'm working at home today Wink
Ok, so I tried and... understood the "read-only" part Big Grin

So wait and see if the french keyboard layout reach kodi repo or next release

And in the meantime i've seen that there is an english azerty available which i have missed. It's more similar to the french layout.

Thanks again for your help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
can't change language and can't find movie file0