• 10(current)
Alpha Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon
Anyone know how to change the server to eu ireland is instead of the us server, might help. I have had this working but its very hit and miss at the moment even quasar worked for a while.
Just a quick tip for getting the key. The easiest way I found to get the key (after you have followed the instructions of course) is to use the test function in your Developer Console. Just type in 'for my key' and click on Ask Kodi. Your key will be in "content": "your key". Then just copy and paste it.
Amazing!!

Is there any way to prevent Kodi from pulling up the file browser window before launching local media?

And where are the utterances for Movies? I'm fumbling through right now and I'm hit or miss with my guesses. I only see TV utterances listed on your github.

"Alexa ask Cody to play the movie _____" doesn't seem to work...
(2016-10-04, 10:52)RZR666 Wrote: This is perfect for what I'm after, try loading local from Kodi then default to Netflix.

Does anyone have any instructions for setting this up on my own AWS lambda account? Thanks

+1 for this request.
I just found out about this after buying an Echo Dot. When trying to set it up, I am getting this message when trying to retrieve my key for the kodi add-on:

Skill was marked as failure
Kodi

Request Identifier: amzn1.echo-api.request.745e84d1-fcb0-48c1-8e76-6d75a0a8f49e
The target Lambda application returned a failure response

Anyone else having this trouble? Any suggestions?
I was wondering if anyone could help, when I give Alexa command it says Kodi is not on netwrok
hi, if i can get this too work i will be over the moon. but im having problems....

firstly does this setup work in the uk?
thanks in advance
(2016-11-03, 00:27)justrobwilldo Wrote: hi, if i can get this too work i will be over the moon. but im having problems....

firstly does this setup work in the uk?
thanks in advance

I know that it will work in the UK as I used it in SA, however it stopped working last night. I was hoping to get hold of the dev rsummers618 to maybe discuss taking this over from seeing that we are having the issue "remote endpoint could not be called" and I think i may know what the issue may be but would need to confirm with rsummers618.
Hey guys, This add on is the bee's knee's. Works great with quasar even though it's a little buggy.
Anyone else having issues with this skill.
I am getting the following error : The remote endpoint could not be called, or the response it returned was invalid.
restarted and redid the whole skill still no luck.
Just followed OP and all is working perfectly.

Would love to see "Update Library" and "Clean Library" get added!

Thanks!!
ESXi 5.5 | VMs : [unRAID] [PLEX] [SAB] [CP] [Sonarr] [uTorrent] [MySQL] [Apache] [Mythbuntu]
Hey, where do I have to change what if I want everything in German?
I'm loving this Alexa skill. In order to improve the speech recognition on the items in my library, though, I'd like to figure out how to use the speech utterance generator. Has anyone found instructions or figured out to use this feature?

Also, I've noticed that sometimes it randomly launches something on Netflix after stopping a video. Anyone else experience this?
Im probably very late but how do you add the key to the alexa addon for me the configuration is greyed out any help
(2016-04-25, 21:14)Dewey72 Wrote: Ok I have everything down to the Alexa Services. The app has the configuraiton box greyed out. I have the latest Kodi build. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

i have the same problem how do I fix this
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Echo(Alexa) Skill and Kodi Addon3