Req Combine identical library items (from different sources) into one
Would love Kodi to auto recognise identical library items, especially those from different sources (eg Hulu, Netflix, local file), group as one library item and then prompt which item to use on selecting play item.

For menu selection sources may have to labelled or, worse case, just supply source directory/file name.

Auto-play with maybe time delay could be added. Auto-play enable/disable and source order for auto-play could be hidden away in Settings.

With the new world of various streaming services available I believe this would benefit lots of people.

Thoughts?
Congratulations, you just invented Boxee.
Really?! Never knew Boxee. I believe it's dead now, no?!
A feature like this is being developed, or is at least on the "drawing board". It will come as a part of the media import work, but will also be its own feature even if media import isn't being used, IIRC. ( http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=224794 )From what I remember, the idea would be much like you describe, where you select a movie or whatever and are given choices for which version to play.

That could probably be extended (in theory) to some kind of STRM file or external player for Netflix/Hulu/etc URLs that then launch an external client.
Would something like this work for Different versions of a Movie, Episode, or Song? ie Extended/Director's Cut of a Movie or Episode, Different Mix of a Song??
Thanks Ned (Kudos to you and Nate for KordKutters btw, I'm a watcher). I did do a search before submitting the suggestion but didn't come up with anything, doh! Yeah, looks like Montellese and others are hard at work already. Fabbo.... I'll keep an eye on the thread and potentially participate with testing.
(2016-03-13, 09:44)TwistedFaith Wrote: Would something like this work for Different versions of a Movie, Episode, or Song? ie Extended/Director's Cut of a Movie or Episode, Different Mix of a Song??

I currently do manage this with the excellent VideoExtras add-on.

Check it out!
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
How do you manage it with VideoExtras? Do all version still come up in the listings or just the one item and you can view the rest in the "Extras"?

Sent from my SM-G900P
Yes Exactly. If your skin supports it, you will see what things have extras and you can just select any of the extras you want to watch
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Combine identical library items (from different sources) into one0