v16 SQL Synchronized database
Hi,

I have multiple Kodi machines and I'm synchronizing the libraries with sql. I was using Kodi 15.2 and everything was working well.

Then I bought a new android tv box (http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B019TOMJ...ge_o01_s00). It was loaded with stuff I didn't use so I reinstalled a fresh copy of Kodi. The only problem was that it kept pushing 1080/24 (when I looked at system info) even though the box was pushing 1080/60 to the tv. Luckily this is fixed in Kodi 16 RC2.

However, my sql library isn't recognized in Kodi 16 RC2. I installed this version on the new android box and my main PC which serves as the server. The library isn't recognized on either. Other synchronized setting are working though (favorites, sources, etc) but not the library. Did something change in this version. Do I have to modify my advanced settings file?

Thanks!
I beleive with every major release of Kodi the database gets bumped, so your Kodi 15.2 will still be pointing to your 15.2 SQL database and your Kodi 16.RC will be pointing to it's16.RC SQL database.

To use mutiple clients with SQL they need to be the same version...

See: http://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL
Interesting thanks. Both my pc and the android box were on 16RC2. I do have an old apple tv 2 which runs on 14 but I don't think that would prevent the other 2 from working.

I did try to import my 15.2 database with an xml I exported one day prior but the import wouldn't start.
Somebody more "qualified" than myself may have some ideas, presume you've done the obviousle, e.g checking the Advancedsettings.xml is still valid, pointing to the correct IP address, username, password etc?

Have you connected to the SQL and looked at what databases have been created, i guess that would be my first step, then to see what data is in those tables...
I did look at the advancedsettings.xml file to see if something wasn't valid anymore. The only thing that seems off is that I'm still using xbmc instead of kodi:
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
I don't think that's the problem though. I think you could use anything as long as it's the same user and password you used when setting up the sql database.

I set up other substitutions to share stuff like favorite, sources and thumbnails. These all work. Thanks for you tips. I will check out the tables through mysql next weekend. I don't really have time until then. Here are my advancedsettings by the way.

<advancedsettings>

<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>192.168.xx.xx</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
</videodatabase>

<videolibrary>
<importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
</videolibrary>

<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
<to>SMB://192.168.xx.xx/Users/Public/XBMC/Thumbnails/</to>
</substitute>

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/sources.xml</from>
<to>SMB://192.168.xx.xx/Users/Public/XBMC/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/mediasources.xml</from>
<to>SMB://192.168.xx.xx/Users/Public/XBMC/mediasources.xml</to>
</substitute>

<substitute>
<from>special://profile/favourites.xml</from>
<to>SMB://192.168.xx.xx/Users/Public/XBMC/favourites.xml</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>
P.S. Went back to 15.2 for the week and everything is still there, working fine. I'll try again next weekend.
If you look in your mysql Data folder can you see an xbmc93 folder?
Is there also an xbmc99 folder?
(2016-02-01, 15:02)Kendybar Wrote: P.S. Went back to 15.2 for the week and everything is still there, working fine. I'll try again next weekend.

I have multiple clients on my LAN too, the thing to remember is that each major Kodi version looks for a specific name (if using defaults) for the DB http://kodi.wiki/view/Database_versions. For example 15.2 would want video_97 while 16 RC1 would want video99. On my MYSQL server I have about 6 copies of each DB until I cleaned them off going back to 11.x.

Here is my a bit of my advanced settings...

<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>127.0.0.1</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>videomaster</name>

Like you I still have xbmc, which wont be a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SQL Synchronized database0