v15 Uninstalling add-ons and reinstalling
In Kodi if you try to install an add-on of any kind that you already have installed, does it install over it (more or less refreshing the files) or does it duplicate it so you end up with 2 of the same add-on?

How do you uninstall an add-on completely so you can reinstall it clean?

I have been having a problem with Kodi freezing and locking up my computer. I have to force a shutdown with the power switch and then restart. This happens sometimes when I click on one of the main tabs or any clickable link/function. This is one reason I want to try uninstalling some add-ons and reinstalling then. Any ideas or suggestion?

I have Kodi 15.2 I believe is called isengard.... and on Windows 7 sp 1

Thanks!

VH
Your issue is best handled with a proper debug log pasted to a public paste-bin and linked back to this thread.

Unofficial, install from zips, or any 3rd party add-on should follow the guidelines that team Kodi has laid out, but sometimes this is not the case, when external libraries are added and modifications of base Kodi code are done for the convenience of the add-on, or lock a system up into some sort of paywall. Uninstalling this type off add-on is might not be possible without some serious code hat, clean is a relative term.

The official repository add-ons, download into your packages folder (C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\packages) and are installed from that point. They are over written if the package is named the same, past packages are maintained for the ability to pick past add-ons (I understand that there is a clean-up of old packages eventually), The Kodi uninstall will get rid of the package, but the user configuration is maintained in C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\addon_data which in most cases is where the problem lies.

Virgin install: as if you never installed Kodi.

delete the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Kodi
delete the folder C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\Kodi

Quick start guide (wiki)

Prove out the installation, add a few add-on from the official repository and see if your set-up is stable. Cautiously customize to your liking proving out the installation and shutdown each step of the way. Haste makes waste Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Uninstalling add-ons and reinstalling0