Solved OSX SMB/Samba and Kodi - Broken Pipe error - Solution
So I was having a problem, I setup a shared folder in OSX using the system preferences and when I tried to log into it from a remote Kodi player, I kept getting "Broken Pipe" errors

I searched everywhere for a solution and here in the forums there were a few thread but no evident or clear solution, well, I got it fixed, and if somebody posted this before, apologies for repeating it.

Seems the SMB protocol on the Mac has some issues, so instead of setting up a shared folder, you should instal SMBUp

http://eduo.info/apps/smbup

Once you run the installer, it will setup a version of samba that will work, after you can use SMBUp to add shared folders, those will be recognised just fine on Kodi and finally allow you to access your library folder on your Mac

Hope this helps those who encounter the same problem.

Null
this is even documented in our wiki and even a bit outdated because since el capitan you can access shared folders normally via smb one guest access is granted...

But thx anyway - just wanted to point out visiting kodi.wiki is a good idea too.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OSX SMB/Samba and Kodi - Broken Pipe error - Solution0