Kodi RC3 crashes on startup mySQL server error
Hi,

Today I did a clean install of Kodi 16 RC3 onto an Android box (MXQ S805) which had been previously running Kodi v15.2. Once installed and after first run I copied my AdvancedSettings.xml to userdata and upon restart it always fails to start.

The log (see link below) indicates first an error concerning CEC but then fails when trying to query the mySQL installation on my LAN PC. (mySQL 5.6.28 on a Windows 10 PC on the LAN)

http://pastebin.com/YbGXQYmM

Is this a new issue with RC3 as I've not tried any of the other RC prior to this?
Is RC3 incompatible with the mySQL I'm running (latest I believe)

Is that enough info for someone to help with ?

cheers
Does no one else have any trouble starting Kodi 16 RC3 when used in conjunction with a LAN based mySQL for the library ?
Looks like your mysql db is corrupted. Restore a backup or remove the db.
I can do, but I've other boxes (RPi2 and Android) still on 15.2 that are working OK against the same library ?
What is it in the log indicates corrupt DB ?
(2016-02-07, 12:31)JustAnotherUser Wrote: I can do, but I've other boxes (RPi2 and Android) still on 15.2 that are working OK against the same library ?
What is it in the log indicates corrupt DB ?

No they don't use the same library. v15 and v16 are totally different
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Quote:13:42:41 T:1797070008 ERROR: SQL: [MyVideos99] The table does not exist
Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

This screams corrupted MyVideos99 db.
The db is there but probably empty.
was this problem corrected?

did it have anything to do with "13:42:41 T:1797070008 DEBUG: CSkinSettings: no <skinsettings> tag found" because I have that error too and I wanted to see if we have the same issue.
It was caused by having media boxes on different versions of Kodi (15 and 16)
To fix, in mySQL I cleared all the databases, then made sure all boxes were on Kodi 16 then let the library be rebuilt. That didn't take long as I use TinyMediaManager and all the movie info,images etc are exported into each folder, so Kodi was quick to pickup from those.

Does Kodi 17 use same library revision as 16 ? Just to be better prepared when time comes.
No, each major version (Isengard, Jarvis, Krypton etc) uses their own library version.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi RC3 crashes on startup mySQL server error0