Bug Movie information shows all movies poster = SD, 4:3
After doing a movie search, and I right click to look at the movie information

it show all the posters with the text overlay

SD, 4:3

Even if the movie is HD, and in a movie ratio not 4:3

Are you going to info through files or library, sometimes i find if i pull up info on a movie in file mode i get incorrect metadata i.e. 90% of my content is 1080p but sometimes they show as SD but not in library mode, this may be nothing to do with your problem just wondered?
(2016-02-07, 16:51)Derek Wrote: Are you going to info through files or library, sometimes i find if i pull up info on a movie in file mode i get incorrect metadata i.e. 90% of my content is 1080p but sometimes they show as SD but not in library mode, this may be nothing to do with your problem just wondered?

Do a global search (using the global search addon), search for a name

then right click on any movie in the result > movie info
and u see it show SD, 4:3 for all the movies, even HD.
hmmm weird one mate, that constitutes library media so my comment can be disregarded not seen that one mate.
(2016-02-08, 10:18)Derek Wrote: hmmm weird one mate, that constitutes library media so my comment can be disregarded not seen that one mate.

Can u install global search addon
and confirm that you get the same bug?
of course mate
I should mention that the resolution is tasted on first play by Kodi and updates from that.
(2016-02-09, 05:59)PatK Wrote: I should mention that the resolution is tasted on first play by Kodi and updates from that.

You are right.

Just tested it by playing the movie that I search and then search for the same movie
and it shows the correct metadata.

Still this is not a proper solution/resolution
since we want to know what resolution the movie is prior to playing it, not after the fact.

I think this needs to be fixed.
not sure if this is a problem with global search addon or Kodi itself.
Quote:Still this is not a proper solution/resolution
since we want to know what resolution the movie is prior to playing it, not after the fact.

To get resolution details from an outside source, would be to deny what is in the file. I suppose one could invoke the player to taste each and every addition, but I do that anyway just to prove out the archive and the audio.
Quote:I think this needs to be fixed.
we desperately need good coders, so your submissions will be welcomed by us all.

Personally I don't see this as a priority issue, it only has to see the file once to update the .nfo. I scrape my new additions manually and prove them out. Some skins apply covers that are indicative of the resolution, and once you've gotten a hang of smart playlists your can tease just about anything out of your collection. One possibility other than to leave a feature suggestion, is to approach a third party add-on author to interrogate new files and place updated information with the .nfo meta-data.

Re-reading your message, I thought I'd mention in most of my new additions, the resolution is automatically shown, but on occasion I will have to play the video to get the meta-data complete. This might have more to do with the archive, and container type.
PatK: i also scrape manually to get the correct art and info i require, not that auto scraping is useless but sometime inacurate.

OP: i tied the search and no matter how i pull the info up it displays as it should so sorry i cant give you the answer you wanted.
(2016-02-09, 17:40)Derek Wrote: PatK: i also scrape manually to get the correct art and info i require, not that auto scraping is useless but sometime inacurate.

OP: i tied the search and no matter how i pull the info up it displays as it should so sorry i cant give you the answer you wanted.

Here's the step..

Scan a bunch of unwatched new movies into your database.
Do not taste or open these files yet.

Do a global search for a title/keyword/partial keyword that matches 2 or more movie.

Right click on any movie you know the resolution of, preferably a HD movie.

Then you will see this bug everytime.

And if u don't see this bug, it means u played the movie or partial played it already, since the correct metadata will now show on the poster.
(2016-02-09, 16:56)PatK Wrote:
Quote:Still this is not a proper solution/resolution

To get resolution details from an outside source, would be to deny what is in the file. I suppose one could invoke the player to taste each and every addition, but I do that anyway just to prove out the archive and the audio.
Quote:I think this needs to be fixed.
we desperately need good coders, so your submissions will be welcomed by us all.

Personally I don't see this as a priority issue, it only has to see the file once to update the .nfo. I scrape my new additions manually and prove them out. Some skins apply covers that are indicative of the resolution, and once you've gotten a hang of smart playlists your can tease just about anything out of your collection. One possibility other than to leave a feature suggestion, is to approach a third party add-on author to interrogate new files and place updated information with the .nfo meta-data.

Re-reading your message, I thought I'd mention in most of my new additions, the resolution is automatically shown, but on occasion I will have to play the video to get the meta-data complete. This might have more to do with the archive, and container type.

Sorry my coding is not good enough to do anything like this.

I scraped all my movies using Ember and Media centre master.
===

I thought scanning the movies in the database would also get the resolution
but now I know this is not happening until after it gets played.

So the problem is with Kodi and nothing to do with global search.

Knowing what resolution a movie is after playing is kind of pointless since we are less likely to search for that movie again.

===

You are right, it is not a priority.
But is just a bug I noticed when doing a global search.

Hopefully it gets fix in the future.

Please file this bug in the kodi github or whatever u are using.

==
What are some possible solutions for this?

Should Kodi taste unwatched movies in the background whenever it is idling.

==
The resolution only automatically show if u are using thumb rather list view for movies listing.
In global search view, u need to manually click movie information to see resolution.
And correct resolution is only shown when a movie has been played.

Maybe they should just remove all references to
SD, 4:3 since the information is not correct anyway.
At least now it won't show incorrect info.
Quote:the problem is with Kodi
Not quite... "I scraped all my movies using Ember and Media centre master." and "I thought scanning the movies in the database would also get the resolution" You didn't use Kodi to scrape.... may I direct you to a previous message. I think this reliance on 3rd party software has inadvertently created your 'bug'. You don't need to be a developer to know what is part of Kodi and what isn't,

"I thought I'd mention in most of my new additions, the resolution is automatically shown, but on occasion I will have to play the video to get the meta-data complete. This might have more to do with the archive, and container type."
Are these videos on a local source?
What device are you using Kodi on?
(2016-02-10, 18:44)Hitcher Wrote: Are these videos on a local source?
What device are you using Kodi on?

yes, they are local souce

mainly just my pc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie information shows all movies poster = SD, 4:30