How can I build(compile) KODI with the default skin to other skin like aeon.nox
Now, I want to make a KODI player just for me.
So, I'm trying.

I'm building a source code of the kodi 16.0 jarvis RC3.
At the first time, the building completed and executing very well.

The next step, I'm trying to changing default skin to the aeon.nox skin.
At the build time of source code, I want to change the default skin of KODI to the aeon.nox skin.
It was not simple.

How can I do that?
Please, explain to me who knows how can I do that.
you change the default value of lookandfeel.skin in system/settings/settings.xml and.. done.
Really? You mean, Add the directory of aeon.nox skin to the xvmc/addon and change the lookandfeel.skin in xbmc/system/settings/settings.xml.
And then compile it again.
That's all?

Wow! I'll try it.
Thank you for your help. ^^
(2016-02-10, 20:30)ertos12 Wrote: Really? You mean, Add the directory of aeon.nox skin to the xvmc/addon and change the lookandfeel.skin in xbmc/system/settings/settings.xml.
And then compile it again.
That's all?

Wow! I'll try it.
Thank you for your help. ^^

Did this end up working for you because I've tried it with SPMC and it persists looking for re-touched as the default skin?
(2016-02-10, 20:01)ironic_monkey Wrote: you change the default value of lookandfeel.skin in system/settings/settings.xml and.. done.

I've done this but when I launch the app, it crashes.
The log file shows: Default skin 'skin.re-touched' not found! Terminating

Why is it still looking for retouched when I changed the default skin to eminence?
At a guess you would need to change the setting in this file

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/5e57a7...ttings.xml

And also include the aeon nox source under addons/aeon.nox.5/
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-09, 08:10)nickr Wrote: At a guess you would need to change the setting in this file

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/5e57a7...ttings.xml

I did this:

<default>skin.eminence.2</default>

and placed the skin folder along with the dependencies in the addons folder.

For some reason, the app crashes with Error: Default skin 'skin.re-touched' not found! Terminating..
re-touched is not even the default. What version of kodi are you compiling?

Also are you using the source code for eminience 2 or just importing from an installed system?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2016-12-09, 08:22)nickr Wrote: re-touched is not even the default. What version of kodi are you compiling?

Also are you using the source code for eminience 2 or just importing from an installed system?

Sorry, I'm using the SPMC fork as a base but the set up should be the same. I get the same result with Confluence.

I'm importing the folders from an installed system.
Maybe clone the git repo for the skin? Dunno, we are getting past my pay grade LOL.
Might have to change the addon-manifest ?

Here's the commit where @phil65 changed from confluence to estuary. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0b1f...2f1c7ea2f1
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2016-12-09, 10:44)black_eagle Wrote: Might have to change the addon-manifest ?

Here's the commit where @phil65 changed from confluence to estuary. https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/0b1f...2f1c7ea2f1

That looks like it may be the issue. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone
yeah sorry, that was introduced after my original reply.
(2016-12-09, 11:52)ironic_monkey Wrote: yeah sorry, that was introduced after my original reply.

Bugger !! I might have got something right for a change lol !!
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Hey, know this is an old thread, but doing something similar.  Also using Eminence 2 (MOD).  But I'm trying to get it to use my tweaked skin settings that I put in userdata/addon_data folder.  It loads the skin fine, but not the proper settings.  Any idea?  I'm using MyGica 4.4.

I changed the settings.xml default skin, updated the addon manifest with the skin and dependencies, and added skin and dependencies to the addon folder already.

Any help would be appreciated!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How can I build(compile) KODI with the default skin to other skin like aeon.nox0