[HEADS UP] PR to change include syntax.
(2016-02-12, 17:03)marcelveldt Wrote:
(2016-02-12, 16:59)phil65 Wrote: I would also be fine with "include id". Keep in mind though that changing the syntax of the references is definitely more work for skinners than changing the syntax of the include definitions.

Should I prepare that change then when I find some time? Any objections?

Sorry to BobCratchett for being a bit to quick with pushing for changes.

The endresult will be

<include definition="blabla">
</include>

and

<include id="blabla">
<param name="blah" value="blah"/>
</include>

right ?
Nope.
The favourite seems to be:

Definition:
<include name="blabla">
</include>

and

Reference:
<include id="blabla">
<param name="blah" value="blah"/>
</include>
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
ah! I get it. Sounds good to me and makes sense
ID is even shorter so yes. Wink
+1 for keeping def as <include name="xxxx"> in order to maintain consistency with VARs

-1 for using id="xxxx" as it is inconsistent with how id= is used elsewhere (particular with reference to integers).

For calling includes I would prefer something along the lines of
PHP Code:
<include content="xxxx"
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2016-02-14, 03:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: +1 for keeping def as <include name="xxxx"> in order to maintain consistency with VARs

-1 for using id="xxxx" as it is inconsistent with other controls using only integers.

<include content="xxxx">

I agree with all points, and "content" sounds fine to me. Perhaps that´s something we can all agree on?
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
+1 for using 'name' as attrib for definition, maintaining consistency (afaik) with current alpha-numeric definitions - fonts sprint to mind.

-1 for using 'name' as attrib for definition, just because Phil seemed so sure it was going to be 'definition', and pushed for the changes to the Skin Shortcuts script Wink
(2016-02-14, 03:39)BobCratchett Wrote: -1 for using 'name' as attrib for definition, just because Phil seemed so such it was going to be 'definition', and pushed for the changes to the Skin Shortcuts script Wink

Sorry, I was a bit too quick there. Wink Reason is that I really want to get this change in quickly. Much better to do all those breaking changes in one go IMO, and all the (ongoing) xml merges seem to make this a good time for this.
Hope the Wink indicated my comment was in jest. Genuinely, its nice for Skin Shortcuts to be considered a legitimate enough part of Kodi to get a heads up that we might need to make changes Smile (My +1 was genuine, though...)
(2016-02-14, 03:39)phil65 Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 03:36)jurialmunkey Wrote: +1 for keeping def as <include name="xxxx"> in order to maintain consistency with VARs

-1 for using id="xxxx" as it is inconsistent with other controls using only integers.

<include content="xxxx">

I agree with all points, and "content" sounds fine to me. Perhaps that´s something we can all agree on?

Nod
fine with me as well, though kodi devs seem to have a strong preference for changing the tag name instead of the attribute name.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Well, I'd have to go with jmarshallnz suggestion here. Use a different tag name for definitions plus also change the way it's included.

I.e.

PHP Code:
<definitions>
<
definition name="foo"></definition>
</
definitions>

<include 
definition="foo"></include>

#or use template
<templates>
<
template name="foo"></template>
</
templates>

<include 
template="foo"></include> 

It sure would require massive code changes in existing skins but it would clearly differentiate between defining some template code and including it somewhere.
I like the template aproach. Skin breakage will occur no matter what we do here so I am not to worried about that.
I'm still in favor not changing the definitions.
I was about to say the same thing than BigNoid and Jurial about id="" but sounded not such a huge deal finally. Content="" is fine for me.

@Black : there's certainly good reasons for this proposal but that's no more tags changes ? This is a complete rewrite of the include function and I admit being a bit lost with this.

Off topic : This has nothing to do with def / call discussion but since an includes rewrite is on the go, it's maybe the good time to place it again. So mind to reconsider adding conditions to params ? I know this was a long discussion and wasn't retained because of vars but vars are not universal. It could avoid us writing dozen separate Includes with their own params and also finally get some dynamic values where vars are not supported (width / height / idletime, ...).
[Skin] KOver - V1.1.0 Stable (Repo version)
[WIP] ReKOver - Skinning tool project

If I've been helpful or you like my work, hit "THANK USER" button ;) ...
(2016-02-14, 12:47)Jayz2K Wrote: I'm still in favor not changing the definitions.
I was about to say the same thing than BigNoid and Jurial about id="" but sounded not such a huge deal finally. Content="" is fine for me.

Me too, at least this way the only changes we need to make are when using parameters.
(2016-02-14, 13:08)Hitcher Wrote:
(2016-02-14, 12:47)Jayz2K Wrote: I'm still in favor not changing the definitions.

Me too, at least this way the only changes we need to make are when using parameters.

I'm in favor of this as well.

+1 from me on this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[HEADS UP] PR to change include syntax.0