• 1(current)
Alpha Arctic Fuse
Rainbow 
ARCTIC FUSE
Alpha Release

Installation
The skin and its required dependencies are available on my 3rd party alpha repository.
Requires Kodi Nexus or higher.

Kodi File Manager Source:
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repository.jurialmunkey/

Direct ZIP Install:
https://jurialmunkey.github.io/repositor...ey-3.4.zip

Instructions:
1. Enable "Unknown Sources" in Kodi Settings > System > Add-ons
2. Enable "Update official add-ons from: Any repositories" in Kodi Settings > System > Add-ons
3. Install my repository using either the zip or file manager source linked above
4. Install the skin from my repo: Jurialmunkey Alpha Repo > Look and Feel > Skins > Arctic Fuse

Donate
If you like my work and want to support me, you can buy me a coffee on Ko-Fi
https://ko-fi.com/jurialmunkey

Bug Reports and Feature Requests
As this is an alpha release, you should expect occasional bugs. Please report bugs and missing features by creating a new issue on github.

If there is an issue with how a view displays content please report the exact issue/problem with the view so that it can be fixed. I'm happy for people to make feature requests but please keep the basic idea of the skin in mind.

Additional Ratings

Ratings from IMDb, RottenTomatoes, and Metacritic require a personal OMDb API key and/or a personal MDbList API key
You can get a free key from
https://www.omdbapi.com/apikey.aspx
https://mdblist.com/preferences

Enter your API key(s) in TMDbHelper settings
Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies > plugin.video.themoviedb.helper > API Keys > OMDb API Key
Skin Settings > Manage Dependencies > plugin.video.themoviedb.helper > API Keys > MDbList API Key

OMDb = Tomatoes, IMDb, Metacritic (movies), Critics consensus, Awards
MDbList = Tomatoes, IMDb, Metacritic (movies + tvshows), Letterboxd (movies)

Notes
The script.skinshortcuts configuration in this skin is NOT shared with other skins so that you can freely modify it while testing without worrying about messing up another skin configuration.

Screenshots

Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
Additional Screenshots

**reserved**
Interesting, i'll try it straight away.

Any chance it will display bit and sample rates with music. That's mostly what i'm missing in horizons and Zephyr reloaded
Awesome job. As always! It takes a bit of practice to fully grasp the logic. But once you get the hold of it, it feels really natural. Will play around with it a bit more tonight. Cool stuff seeing my name in the thanks notes as a Ko-Fi supporter, by the way Smile
Awesome job! Ve been using your arctic stuff for years.
Definitely switching to fuse, and my first suggestion is the endless scroll through the menu, since it takes quite a lot of presses to get out from deep submenus.
Second - there's some kind of bug with playing video in the background ("windowed"). Total overload of the system (Khadas Vim4 Coreelec)
First impression, looks Amazing!! I like the new home, info, and how widgets are integrated in hubs, defaults settings are spot on, just some minor tweaks needed. I'll use it for a few days and report bugs or issues if any. 

Just a quick note, it would be great if there was an option to add clock and weather in the header.

Thanks for your great work!
wow greats skin ! thank you for your incredible work !
(2023-07-22, 14:43)Littletycoon Wrote: Interesting, i'll try it straight away.

Any chance it will display bit and sample rates with music. That's mostly what i'm missing in horizons and Zephyr reloaded

No not currently. There's not really anywhere for it to go.

I've never understood the benefit of displaying this info prominently anyway. All digital audio needs to pass via a DAC for you to hear it, so the sample rate of your DAC is what really matters. Most internal consumer DAC chips have a max rate of 16bit/48khz.

If you have an external DAC or passthrough to an audio receiver which can do higher sampling rates, then you should be looking at that device to see what sample rate it is decoding the audio from digital to analogue to get the *real* rate you are hearing - the value in Kodi is meaningless if it ends up being downsampled later in the chain at the DAC.

Moreover, most music is mastered to be 16bit/44.1Khz for distribution. Good sound quality with digital audio encoding is about matching the bit/sample rate with the original master source to avoid data loss. A higher rate is meaningless if the audio master wasn't also at that rate.
(2023-07-22, 15:15)Nipius Wrote: Awesome job. As always! It takes a bit of practice to fully grasp the logic. But once you get the hold of it, it feels really natural. Will play around with it a bit more tonight. Cool stuff seeing my name in the thanks notes as a Ko-Fi supporter, by the way Smile

Thanks Big Grin

If you're used to having the menu at the top from AH2 then it definitely can take a moment to retrain your muscle memory, but it does make a lot of sense once you get past that point.

I'm still working out a few of the smaller details with navigation - there's still a few parts where the back button behaviour in particular feels a little clunky - so I'm definitely open to any suggestions for navigation improvements.

One change I made to my own keymap which made a big difference was to map longpress back to the "menu" command. That way tapping back takes you back to the start of the row; double tap takes you up a level; and long press opens the side menu. I'd set that behaviour by default but skins aren't meant to modify the keymap.
(2023-07-22, 21:01)Patkino Wrote: Awesome job! Ve been using your arctic stuff for years.
Definitely switching to fuse, and my first suggestion is the endless scroll through the menu, since it takes quite a lot of presses to get out from deep submenus.
Second - there's some kind of bug with playing video in the background ("windowed"). Total overload of the system (Khadas Vim4 Coreelec)

Thanks! Big Grin

Although at this point I'm starting to question why I call it "Arctic" anymore since I haven't had a light theme in a while! Just feels weird to use a different name when they all started as offshoots from Arctic Zephyr.

Replied to you on github about those issues.
(2023-07-22, 21:13)psbguy Wrote: First impression, looks Amazing!! I like the new home, info, and how widgets are integrated in hubs, defaults settings are spot on, just some minor tweaks needed. I'll use it for a few days and report bugs or issues if any. 

Just a quick note, it would be great if there was an option to add clock and weather in the header.

Thanks for your great work!

Thanks Big Grin

Great that's definitely what I'm going for -- have a base setup which works out of the box as a nice default but still allow for tinkering with the setup to suit. Mainly just trying to avoid that feeling of having to setup everything entirely from scratch.

Clock is something I've been struggling with. Currently you can switch the bottom right studio logo with the clock in the settings.

My big issue is that the design means top right corner can't be used, so the only other area which is always visible is top left and the clock there felt a bit overloaded. I did consider with the bottom right having it always floating as visible but I need to do some more testing to make sure it works.
How do I sort the items in submenu lists widgets? Sorting is always "random"
(2023-07-23, 10:11)Patkino Wrote: How do I sort the items in submenu lists widgets? Sorting is always "random"

Actually that's a bug in the label. It should be sorted by "default" in the widget underneath, and random in the spotlight widget.
New TV channels OSD layout breaks all my system 🤦‍♂️😅
Cuz I call that window by left-right button and after that left-right switches channel groups.
So now I can't switch channels from osd, cu they are switched by left-right buttons.
Is there a plan to use a kind of classic TV channels osd?
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Arctic Fuse0