v15 Red Mute icon!
Hi,

I have had kodi installed on Raspberry Pi running on my TV without any problem for the past six months. I opted for an upgrade a week ago and since then I have no sound and a red mute icon has appeared in the top left hand corner of my TV.

I've been on to youtube and watched at least half a dozen vids on the subject but I still cannot get any sound and the icon is still there.

If anyone can shed any light on this I would be most grateful

Thanks

Berni
Unmute it. Press F8 on keyboard.
Thanks for your quick response. I don't use the keyboard, I downloaded an app called kore which I run on my mobile phone.

Berni
Seems there is a mute button in Kore, but it only shows in some screens: https://github.com/xbmc/Kore/issues/199
(2016-02-12, 22:35)webpro100 Wrote: Thanks for your quick response. I don't use the keyboard, I downloaded an app called kore which I run on my mobile phone.

Berni

Maybe plug in a usb keyboard and hit F8?

I had the same exact problem a few months back.

I use the tv remote & a separate remote with a FLIRC dongle for my Pi. The separate remote is specifically for adjusting volume settings in Kodi because I use wireless headphones with that Pi.

What I had to to fix mine was go to the home screen while nothing was playing and use the separate remote to raise/lower the Kodi volume settings. As soon as I did that the mute icon disappeared and it was working normally again.

That trick did NOT work while playing a video however. It only worked from the home screen with nothing playing.

I didn't try a usb keyboard, but that might be your best bet.
I have 2 different phone apps for Kodi remote control - each has a mute/unmute button.
1. YATSE
2. Music Pump - but I think the name in the store may have changed since I started using it
(looks like it is Kodi, XBMC Foundation now)
Derek
Hi. Just figured this out for myself anyway. Looks like I had muted Kodi with my mobile remote KORE app. LoL. Connected Kore, raised my mobile volume and the red mute disappeared and I got my volume back in Kodi.

Had to be something simple. No editing XML files required. Ha!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Red Mute icon!0