URL casting of Kodi on Chromecast
In spite of being in my upper 60's and NOT a computer geek, I got Kodi up and running on my laptop PC without difficulty by searching info on-line. I was also able to mirror Kodi through my Chromecast dongle. BUT, the process sucks so much computer power to mirror the movie on both the PC screen and the TV that the movie becomes very jerky as the streaming buffers. Unlike sending a movie through the Google cast button in Google Chrome in regular mode where the movie stops playing on my PC and causes the PC to become just a remote, I'm not able to do that with Kodi. I've seen where this is called URL casting. Is there a way to do URL casting using Kodi on my laptop PC and Chromecast?
hi Roughrider,

why not just connect the laptop directly to the TV via HDMI cable?

Cabled connections are exponentially better than doing it via Chromecast
4x R-Pi4b LibreELEC v10 | Aeon Nox: SiLVO | Flirc cases
Storage Synology DS411 | 4 x WD RED 6TB
Software MariaDB 10.4.19 | Filebot | Ember Media Manager
wiki (wiki) | First time user (wiki) | Debug_Log (wiki) | mysql (wiki) | artwork (wiki)
I can't connect to HDMI. Besides, it would still mirror on my PC I'm sure. So, it would still slow down the transmission to both.
What can you connect with on your tv? Dvi? Get an HDMI TO DVI cable. For sound, either use a digital din, RCa, or component pending on what you have for a sound card to r system board . Smile there are ways that can help ya.
I really have no idea what I am talking about. Proceed with caution. I confuse easily. And drink. A lot.
Chrimecast is useless for kodi throw it away of plug your Pc into the TV you get geat long cables now .

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
URL casting of Kodi on Chromecast0