v15 (resolved) Kodi 15.2 keeps looking at old and removed sources (with debug logs)
Hi,

I am running Kodi 15.2 on my FireTV. I recently installed a new NAS with a different Hostname/IP and copied all the files and directories to the new NAS. I then edited the existing sources in the Video section to use the new directories and told Kodi to remove all entries pointing to the old sources. I can access the files just fine.

However, yesterday, I shut down the old NAS and all of a sudden, Kodi hung while updating the library during startup and I could no longer access the new shares via the sources in the Video section. I double checked the sources and they all point to the new host.

I did the usual, restarted all involved systems, no luck.
I am using SMB via IP not hostname for this.

When I started the old NAS back up on a whim, I could all of a sudden access the sources on the new NAS again. I also noticed, that when telling Kodi to clean the database, the drives in the old NAS kept spinning up, although nothing should be pointing there any more.

Edit: I have enabled Debug log levels and uploaded those. In the logs, I can see multiple entries:

18:09:29 T:1571825160 WARNING: virtual void VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess() directory 'smb://RIVENDELL/TVShows/Bob's Burgers/' does not exist -

along this line. Which is correct, that host no longer exists, when the old NAS is shut down.

But, there are no more sources like this AND I cleaned the library six times already.
Is it possible that Kodi has somehow retained links to the old sources?
What is the best way to resolve this, while maintaining my library?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Debug Logs for SMB access

Update:
In the end, I had to remove all sources, clear the library and read it all in again. Not ideal but I was lucky that I do not keep unwatched content. There is still no indication, why Kodi decided to keep the information to the old sources in the library.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(resolved) Kodi 15.2 keeps looking at old and removed sources (with debug logs)0