is xmbc frodo to kodi possible
i currently have an android box running xmbc frodo 12.3 connected to wifi but no browser on the box, i would appreciate any help i can get as to how to upgrade my box to kodi
what box? what android firmware (4.x/5.x) is your box? did you already read some guides how to install from USB or do an adb sideload via terminal?
OpenElec Standalone --> Asus Chromebox 'Panther' --> Onkyo TX-NR709 --> Sony 55" X85C Android TV (also with Kodi!)
Asus Chromebox EZ Script
Kodi on Sony Bravia Android TVs
BOX: SUMVISION CYCLONE NANO 2 SLIM

CPU: ARM A9 DUAL CORE, 1500MHZ 3D ENGINE
RAM: 1GB
ANDROID: 4.1
See migration (wiki). You will need to upgrade to v13 or v14 first, then to v15 or v16 (which will be out soon). You might also need an updated firmware so that your box is running Android 4.2 or higher.

In your case, I think you should upgrade to v14. Then from within v14 use the backup add-on and save the backup to a USB drive. Then flash the box with the updated firmware/Android, and install v15. Then you can restore from the backup.

Use Google Play to download a browser, then use the "old releases" link on the download page to get older versions of Kodi. You will want the ones marked as "ARM".
i dont have apps like google play so how do i get a browser, all i have is the initial screen where it says WEATHER KARAOKE VIDEOS MUSIC PROGRAMS SYSTEM, nothing else!!
Are you sure it's running Android? It sounds like it's running a Linux-based OS with only Kodi on it.
You are right Ned, looked in settings and it is running Linux

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
is xmbc frodo to kodi possible0