2 misc system issues
(2016-03-29, 02:10)McButton Wrote: Where do I find 6.0.398-Intel_EGL. OE site didn't have anything. I only see reference to the Chromebox thread...but....
We get that audio and video working on resume, I'm golden. ...then figuring out my junky laptop overheat issue...

Thanks for the help, guys!
Chromebox wiki, as it's my own build. It's 6.0.3 with fritsch's EGL patches applied on top.
Sorry...I posted too quick. Didn't realize you got back already. Will try and report back.
----------------------------
Waited an hour..worked on resume. We may have gotten this fixed. I'll keep testing.
6.0.398-Intel_EGL successfully added. Still having issues with the Chromebox audio resume. Any ideas?
a) Don't use suspend -> problem solved
b) restart kodi after resume
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Yeah. I like that resume feature, because it keeps everything right there.
I could maybe use hibernate instead? I just need to at least have Kodi turn on from my remote. This works well. Odd that the audio always worked for like 2 years...then death. I deleted the hibernate option from my remote options of my skin, so I was trying to avoid having to write it back in. I'm not terribly skilled at skinning, and don't fully remember what I did.

Restart Kodi after resume is counter-productive in this case. It's not always...but most of the time. I'll keep messing. Thanks!
(2016-03-31, 00:26)McButton Wrote: Yeah. I like that resume feature, because it keeps everything right there.
I could maybe use hibernate instead? I just need to at least have Kodi turn on from my remote. This works well. Odd that the audio always worked for like 2 years...then death. I deleted the hibernate option from my remote options of my skin, so I was trying to avoid having to write it back in. I'm not terribly skilled at skinning, and don't fully remember what I did.

Restart Kodi after resume is counter-productive in this case. It's not always...but most of the time. I'll keep messing. Thanks!

OpenELEC doesn't support hibernate (aka S4 / suspend to disk), just suspend (aka S3 / suspend to RAM).

are you using the audio/video restart suspend/resume script? that really should take care of it. Maybe add a few second delay on resume to ensure the AVR is up and ready..
Well...I usually hit suspend and it awakes right where I was. It has for a long time.
I did notice that SOMETIMES, if I wait a few minutes, it just works. I did the restart suspend script from the wiki (about a dozen times). No dice. I'll try adding time to it.

I guess that saves me time in that hibernate does nothing important. No need to rewrite my shutdown button.

I only have 2 options when hitting my power button on the remote. Suspend and Restart. Otherwise, I have to hold down the box button. This way, it takes the dozen other options out for my wife and makes things simple so she can turn it on and off without getting up. I need suspend to operate properly. It's just strange that it completely stopped at random.

--------------What happens when you DO use hibernate on Chromebox? Does it just shut off like the power off function?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I used:
mkdir -p /storage/.config/sleep.d
cd /storage/.config/sleep.d
curl -L -O https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9830...sume.power <--- this is the only command that initiates activity in Putty.
chmod +x 01-cbox_resume.power <--- this returns BEDROOM:~/.config/sleep.d # (wiki)

Then I reboot my box. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? (I'm using the HDMI port, so that should be good).
** Found it via ssh. Looks fine.

#!/bin/sh
case $1 in
pre)
xrandr --output HDMI1 --off --set "audio" "off";
;;
post)
xrandr --output HDMI1 --auto --set "audio" "on";
;;
esac
(2016-03-31, 00:56)McButton Wrote: What happens when you DO use hibernate on Chromebox? Does it just shut off like the power off function?

there is no hibernate option for the stock skin in OE. I haven't tested with other skins that may offer that option.

try editing the script to have a 3s delay on resume: add a line directly following post) and before the xrandr command: sleep 3

also, for this to work, your AVR (or display if not using onw) likely needs to be powered on before resuming the Chromebox.
Added. Will try in the morning.
My display is just a TV. If the TV is actually off...that would possibly be my issue? Chromebox powers on before the TV sometimes. Maybe that would be my issue.... My old TV just slept (usually). If THAT is the case, would I set the delay even longer to catch up to me turning the TV on? Strange that this is an issue.
Use the edid stuff that we pointed out. If no TV is there and no edid overwrite in place -> no output, no audio device.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I left the TV on idle, updated the box 3s delay, etc. Still, the Chromebox no longer accepts audio upon restore. I have to restart it every time. Sad.

Could it be something with the TVS hdmi port? Like, port 2 would work? <--No. This doesn't matter.

Seems it should be fixed by now. I'd grab a log, but its a known fixable issue. It has to be something small.
(2016-03-31, 16:46)McButton Wrote: I left the TV on idle, updated the box 3s delay, etc. Still, the Chromebox no longer accepts audio upon restore. I have to restart it every time. Sad.

Could it be something with the TVS hdmi port? Like, port 2 would work? <--No. This doesn't matter.

Seems it should be fixed by now. I'd grab a log, but its a known fixable issue. It has to be something small.

well, this isn't a widespread issue, which makes troubleshooting more difficult; I can't reproduce it here with either my TV or AVR, using any version of OE. After you resume, if you go into Audio Output settings, is the display still listed as the connected audio device, or has it disappeared?

Also, given that the Chromebox uses pretty much no power at idle, any reason not to leave it on 24/7? That's what I do normally.
I updated a few settings from the wiki. I also noticed my audio output was defaulted to HDA Intel, STD STD HDMI TV on HDMI #0. I changed it to HDA Intel, HDMI #1. Testing. I didn't know I had more than 1 hdmi option on Chromebox. It's like I have to wait hours for it to error off again. I'll report back. ......also what should the Keep Audio Device Alive setting I be?
Nevermind. It needs to be on HDMI #0 to work. Others don't. I don't fully get what those options represent.
All the ALSA output that you see when your run aplay -l

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 misc system issues0